Kingsford are you listening?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jethro

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Sep 3, 2006
Tucson, Arizona
I know some manufacturers moniter these forums so here goes, Kingsford your new charcoal (for lack of a better word) sucks, You were already the #1 selling charcoal on the market. All you have accomplished is to rip off the consumer by selling less product for the same money. I personally find that it requires almost twice the amount for the same cooking time as the "old" product. But I'm sure you already know that and that is your intention to rip off the consumer. Your "starts faster burns longer" slogan might appeal to the guy who buys a 9 pound bag that lasts him all season but you have lost a vast majority of "die hard" barbecue folks who buy this stuff 10 bags or more at a time several times a year. I myself have purchased my LAST bag of Kingsford charcoal. Thankyou, Jethro, Tucson Arizona. P.S. REMEMBER 'NEW' COKE?

If you go to their website and send them a nasty email, they will offer you coupons for 2 free bags.... at least they were.... I got mine, and gave them away....

I am using up the last of my old K, but have switched to Royal Oak briquets and lump.....

Bill

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky