Kiln dried wood from flooring factory safe to cook with?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jamesw

Fire Starter
Original poster
Mar 25, 2016
East ky
I just got a job at a flooring factory a couple weeks ago. The factory produces unfinished hardwood flooring made out of several different species of Appalachian hardwoods.

The problem is that some of the lumber has been dipped in a sta brite solution.
And the kilns are steamed and the steam has some sort of chemicals in it as well.

Do you guys think this is a problem? I dont want to burn unsafe wood but at the same time I have access to alot of it.
Thanks

With those things done to the lumber I doubt I'd want to cook with it and those are only the things you know of what else might have been sprayed on it or injected into it? Like from the time it was still standing to the time it gets to the factory and you know what happens to it.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky