Kielbasa Connoiseurs needed

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

sqwib

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
Sep 25, 2007
Philadelphia
Hey guys, looking for a good brand of Kielbasa in the North East area, and for some input

Told the wife I would smoke some Kielbasa for our new years party.

Which Brand?

Fresh or cooked?

Will be smoked then put in Sauer Kraut

We have been very lucky with kielbasa in the past, but about 3 years ago we cooked a batch that was so greasy that it ruined the whole pot, the saurkraut sucked up the grease...nasty, and the meat turned to mush.

Thanks

Being in Philly, I would imagine there would be a decent Polish Deli. Check it out. I've got one here in Hamilton, and they've got 8-10 different varieties of kielbasa.

Hey guys, looking for a good brand of Kielbasa in the North East area, and for some input

Told the wife I would smoke some Kielbasa for our new years party.

Which Brand?

Fresh or cooked?

Will be smoked then put in Sauer Kraut

We have been very lucky with kielbasa in the past, but about 3 years ago we cooked a batch that was so greasy that it ruined the whole pot, the saurkraut sucked up the grease...nasty, and the meat turned to mush.

Thanks

Hey Rich, sounds like your in need of a grinder and stuffer . 
biggrin.gif

I have hears that Swiackis in Port Richmond is pretty good.

Gonna pick up some next week uncooked, for a test run.

Wanted to try this recipe as well, reminds me of Drunk'n Dogs

CANDY KIELBASA
  • Kielbasa
  • Clear Karo
  • 7Up
Cut kielbasa into 1"pieces. Line bottom of large pan with kielbasa.

Pour 7Up over kielbasa to cover. Boil over high heat, stirring often. Continue to boil until all the 7Up is gone and bottom of pan is staring to brown and is glazing kielbasa. Make sure you stir constantly so the kielbasa does not burn.

When kielbasa is brown and glazed, add more soda and 1/3 bottle Clear Karo. Continue cooking down as before until kielbasa becomes very brown, glazed and candy like. Keep stirring until all the soda and karo are gone then turn onto a serving platter immediately.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky