Kids wanted homemade Pizza tonight.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

CFLJOHN512

Meat Mopper
Original poster
May 9, 2020
Publix saved the day. Kids loved it. Did a taste experiment with two different pepperonis. So, Publix always has fresh pizza dough in the bakery area. I grabbed two, grabbed some basil pasta sauce, and plenty of cheese and pepperoni. Threw the dough on the counter for 2 hours to rise. This dough is very tough to work when it’s cold. I made one for the kids (first pic), and one for mama and I (second pic). Kids had Hormel pep, we had Boars Head. My son is very simple and only does cheese. Preheated the oven to 550 and toasted em up nice and crisp. I’ll have to say, for snacking, I prefer the Boars Head, but the Hormel is better on pizza.

Attachments

• 745BF57D-4FC7-4758-8265-C0C3EBF7F22E.jpeg
    745BF57D-4FC7-4758-8265-C0C3EBF7F22E.jpeg
    164.5 KB · Views: 25
  • CBF80FEE-0273-456B-B968-946298F58314.jpeg
    CBF80FEE-0273-456B-B968-946298F58314.jpeg
    190.8 KB · Views: 25
Publix saved the day. Kids loved it. Did a taste experiment with two different pepperonis. So, Publix always has fresh pizza dough in the bakery area. I grabbed two, grabbed some basil pasta sauce, and plenty of cheese and pepperoni. Threw the dough on the counter for 2 hours to rise. This dough is very tough to work when it’s cold. I made one for the kids (first pic), and one for mama and I (second pic). Kids had Hormel pep, we had Boars Head. My son is very simple and only does cheese. Preheated the oven to 550 and toasted em up nice and crisp. I’ll have to say, for snacking, I prefer the Boars Head, but the Hormel is better on pizza.

Have you tried Bridgeford pepperoni? I prefer it to Hormel on my pizza

Nice Pizzas, CFL!!!
I love the way you fill it with Pepperoni!!
My Kinda Pizza!
Like.

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky