Key Lime Pie! A Pictorial Journey...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
"This was not the best Key Lime Pie I've had, but this was near the top and made me really happy!"

I bet it did Zach, about the best looking one ever seen, big Like! RAY

Thanks Ray! I'm sure there are way better recipes out there, but this one hit my taste buds the right way. Appreciate it!

IMG_20200701_143828.jpg

I did just find these at the store. Mini pie plates. If only I had another bag of key limes... Hmmm...

Love me some key lime pie. I follow the same basic recipe but I sometimes make it into a citrus pie. I use 1/2 key lime juice, 1/2 lemon. I tried a bit of orange juice once - and that I didn't care for as much.

I use straight heavy cream without sugar to top with. Whip it in my blender for a few seconds and only enough for the slice (usually a pretty big slice lol - I don't eat sweets often but when I do I get all the craving out at once) as the homemade whipped cream will get a tick runny before I can eat what I want of the pie.

I've made it before with regular limes when I couldn't get key limes and it's not quite the same. The zest is ridiculously important. Nellie and Joe's brand juice is acceptable in my opinion but you need at least a couple of key limes for the zest.

Reactions: kempshark
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky