• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Key Lime Pie! A Pictorial Journey...

Misplaced Nebraskan

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Sep 20, 2018
"This was not the best Key Lime Pie I've had, but this was near the top and made me really happy!"

I bet it did Zach, about the best looking one ever seen, big Like! RAY

Thanks Ray! I'm sure there are way better recipes out there, but this one hit my taste buds the right way. Appreciate it!

Misplaced Nebraskan

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Sep 20, 2018
IMG_20200701_143828.jpg

I did just find these at the store. Mini pie plates. If only I had another bag of key limes... Hmmm...

Hijack73

Fire Starter
Joined Aug 9, 2020
Love me some key lime pie. I follow the same basic recipe but I sometimes make it into a citrus pie. I use 1/2 key lime juice, 1/2 lemon. I tried a bit of orange juice once - and that I didn't care for as much.

I use straight heavy cream without sugar to top with. Whip it in my blender for a few seconds and only enough for the slice (usually a pretty big slice lol - I don't eat sweets often but when I do I get all the craving out at once) as the homemade whipped cream will get a tick runny before I can eat what I want of the pie.

I've made it before with regular limes when I couldn't get key limes and it's not quite the same. The zest is ridiculously important. Nellie and Joe's brand juice is acceptable in my opinion but you need at least a couple of key limes for the zest.

GATOR240

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Oct 15, 2017
Very nice job Misplaced! Not a sweet eater, but this is my all time favorite dessert.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.