Kettle Smoked Pork Loin & Beans

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

txflyguy

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Apr 29, 2009
Okay...this was a first time effort for us.
Did a 24 hour brine, using beer, brown sugar and salt. Then applied a generous amount of my home made BBQ rub.
Placed on the Weber Kettle for about 2 1/2 hours, average temp was 270 F. Pulled at internal temp of 142. Let rest wrapped in foil for an hour.
Turned out pretty good!
I will let the pictures tell the story.....

P1060320.JPG
P1060322.JPG
P1060321.JPG
P1060326.JPG
P1060324.JPG
P1060328.JPG
P1060329.JPG
P1060330.JPG
P1060331.JPG

It was good. Pork loin is so lean! Actually not that much flavor. I will try a bacon wrap next time.

Reactions: bauchjw
Looks great!

I scroll cut boneless pork loin before brining it, to get good penetration of the brine into the meat. Then I stuff it before rolling back up & tying with butchers' twine. Your approach looks equally effective for brine penetration with a whole lot less effort!

Reactions: txflyguy
Thanks! We like smoked BBQ beans so much that it’s a staple every time we fire up the grill.

Looks real good to me also. Hard to beat Kettle cooking.

Point for sure
Chris

The crazy thing is the temp control is so easy. And the kettle uses so little coal / wood. I can basically get it dialed in at 250-270 and it stays there. My offset smoker is nice, but requires constant babysitting for temp control. And it burns tons of wood!

I really like my kettles!

Reactions: bauchjw
The crazy thing is the temp control is so easy. And the kettle uses so little coal / wood. I can basically get it dialed in at 250-270 and it stays there. My offset smoker is nice, but requires constant babysitting for temp control. And it burns tons of wood!

I really like my kettles!
Absolutely, learning the minion method here was a game changer for me snd all the things a Webber can do!

I have been experimenting with my charcoal baskets, and using the snake method. If you construct the snake well, you can get up to 14 hour smoke times. When doing this I always use B&B Charcoal. It burns slow, lasts a long time.

Reactions: chopsaw
Yes, we always put beans under the meat. They pick up a lot of flavor from the smoke also. They are a real crowd favorite!

I agree with Jake , that loin is perfectly cooked . I bet the beans were fantastic .
Nice cook .
Does that kettle say Weber on the lid handle ? Looks like an old Happy cooker .

I agree with Jake , that loin is perfectly cooked . I bet the beans were fantastic .
Nice cook .
Does that kettle say Weber on the lid handle ? Looks like an old Happy cooker .

You are very sharp! With an eye for detail. The handle says "KENMORE". Bought it in 1979. It is my daily driver.
The beans are actually my favorite part of grilling.
P1060303.JPG

Reactions: chopsaw
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky