Kettle Smoked Pork Loin & Beans

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
The handle says "KENMORE".
Yup . Sold by Sears under the Kenmore name . Mine says " Happy Cooker " on the handle and said Kenmore on the wheels . I picked mine from the neighbors in the '90's . They got it as a wedding gift in 1974 . The Weber parts cross over . I need to get a set of legs and ash pan for mine , someday .

Reactions: txflyguy
The Cooker is a good design. I liked the internal ash catcher much more than the external one.
Mine is the econo model. They had two kettles, mine was around $30, in 1979. The upgrade model was more, maybe $35 or $38.

Reactions: chopsaw
Thanks for all of the kind comments. This was an experiment, having never smoked or grilled a pork loin before.
Now I think we can improve on these results, with a little tweaking next time...bacon wrap!

Reactions: chopsaw
Now I think we can improve on these results, with a little tweaking next time...bacon wrap!
If you're open to injecting , get some Tony C's injection . Pump it full and let it sit over night , then smoke as you did .

I liked the internal ash catcher much more than the external one.
Mine still had the internal one when I got it . Good shape too , but I ended up tossing it for some stupid reason .
Yours is in great shape .

Reactions: TNJAKE and txflyguy
Yes, I am open to ideas. Injection could be an option next time.
Thanks!

Here is my favorite comfort sandwich...grilled pork loin with cheese!
Slice the loin paper thin, if you can.
P1060332.JPG
P1060333.JPG
P1060334.JPG

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky