Kettle question

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Well , you're set up for grilling and smoking with that 26 . Mine runs 8 to 10 hours at 250 ish using the snake method .
Post up a cook .

Reactions: Buckeye02
That 26 will smoke that pork butt the same or better than a WSM . I do all my briskets on my 26 , and have a pork butt for Sunday going on the 26 .
That being said , I have the 26 , a 22 Performer deluxe and a 14 " WSM .
Now that I think about it , get the WSM and you should have kept the 22 .
What size on the WSM would you suggest? I'd say I never cook for more than 12-14 people at one time and that's normally only a couple times a year? I was looking at the 18" but wasn't sure as far as ribs go how they would fit on the grates

I have the 14 " . Mostly because I found it at Walmart New in the box for $99 dollars . I don't use it much , but it's a lot of fun to cook with and puts out good food . Maybe Chris can give you better advice than me . He has a 22 " WSM and a 26 " kettle . gmc2003 gmc2003 .
My advice right now would be use the 26 for a longer cook and see what you think . Chris will have some good input for you though .

When I first got my 26 I did a short run empty just to see how it was going to work . This is a short section I set up . It worked so good I extended the snake and put a brisket on .
20190901_163156.jpg

When I first got my 26 I did a short run empty just to see how it was going to work . This is a short section I set up . It worked so good I extended the snake and put a brisket on .
View attachment 493114
What temp did you hold with the snake like that? I held 225-250 like that in the 22. I bought the SNS and it pretty much did the exact same thing. Didn't really have a need for it more of a want kinda thing

Reactions: chopsaw
Mine likes 250 / 260 . I always add a small pile of lit charcoal away from the snake to make up for the meat when it goes on cold .

Gotcha. I'm gonna do some jalapeno poppers later with some chicken thighs with the SNS

Reactions: chopsaw
Cool thanks . Fits fine . If I get one I'll get one for the 22 and use it in both .

I know I wanted too. But my wife was complaining about too many grills and smokers. That's why I got rid of the pellet and took the 22" inch back. I have an old MES30 that I use in the winter to smoke with that sits all summer long. But when I had 5 sitting around it got to be a bit much for her evidently. Lol
I was in your shoes a couple years ago. I love my 26, but I only really use it when I need more space or searing . I’m using my Big Joe 2 for just about everything now days

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky