Kettle question

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Buckeye02

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
May 26, 2020
Ohio
Was wanting to get some input on the SNS for the 26". Have read that the 22" works fine in the 26". And that there isn't much of a difference in the amount of charcoal one holds vs the other. I don't have the XL SNS to compare to the one for the 22". So was wanting to see your thoughts on this? Thanks!

I hear it works fine . Same thing just a bit smaller . I don't use one myself . I go with the snake method in mine . I know guys swear by the SnS . Do you have a 26 and the smaller SnS , or are you looking to buy ?

I hear it works fine . Same thing just a bit smaller . I don't use one myself . I go with the snake method in mine . I know guys swear by the SnS . Do you have a 26 and the smaller SnS , or are you looking to buy ?
I have the 26" and the smaller SNS.

Reactions: chopsaw
Where the paper towels are are where the charcoal would be

Attachments

• 20210411_115220.jpg
    20210411_115220.jpg
    170.6 KB · Views: 39
Never had a fire in it yet! I had a 22" that I was using but lacked room. So bought the 26" and home depot actually took back the 22" after a month's worth of use.

I think that is part of HD's return policy and good for you and HD.
But yeah, just when you think a cooker is big enough to fit your needs, fate raises it's head and says otherwise.

Reactions: sawhorseray
I think that is part of HD's return policy and good for you and HD.
But yeah, just when you think a cooker is big enough to fit your needs, fate raises it's head and says otherwise.
Yea I was surprised. Since I bought the 22" I ended up selling my pellet cooker buying the 26" and think im getting ready to grab a WSM for the longer pork butt smokes while I'm at Tball games

Yea I was surprised. Since I bought the 22" I ended up selling my pellet cooker buying the 26" and think im getting ready to grab a WSM for the longer pork butt smokes while I'm at Tball games

That sounds like a solid plan. Of course, there's all sorts of controllers for the WSM like DigiQ etc.

ready to grab a WSM for the longer pork butt smokes
That 26 will smoke that pork butt the same or better than a WSM . I do all my briskets on my 26 , and have a pork butt for Sunday going on the 26 .
That being said , I have the 26 , a 22 Performer deluxe and a 14 " WSM .
Now that I think about it , get the WSM and you should have kept the 22 .

Reactions: sawhorseray
That 26 will smoke that pork butt the same or better than a WSM . I do all my briskets on my 26 , and have a pork butt for Sunday going on the 26 .
That being said , I have the 26 , a 22 Performer deluxe and a 14 " WSM .
Now that I think about it , get the WSM and you should have kept the 22 .
I know I wanted too. But my wife was complaining about too many grills and smokers. That's why I got rid of the pellet and took the 22" inch back. I have an old MES30 that I use in the winter to smoke with that sits all summer long. But when I had 5 sitting around it got to be a bit much for her evidently. Lol

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky