Keto Sweet Heat Chicken thighs.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jcam222

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jun 13, 2017
Northeast Ohio
No process pics tonight as this was a quick after work meal. Local store had gorgeous clean well trimmed chicken thighs on sale for $0.99 / lbs. Dried them off and hit them with some of my keto rub. Baked in the oven @ 400F for about 30 minutes to 180-185F. Bite through skin and amazingly juicy. Served with some blue cheese dressing I always cobble together and green onion dippers. I love doing that far more than celery. Thanks for looking.
E32DFD00-790C-4A83-AEA8-707937B8283B.jpeg

Nice cook on those. I love that rub. Just made up a new batch. Went to Mexican market. Was going to get some peppers to try make hot sauce and they started putting out thier own home made again. Several flavors and they all so good. I just picked up a few of those. I will wait until can grow some this year.

Great work Jeff! That skin is beautiful!

Ryan
Thanks Ryan. It was bite through. For crispy I end up needing to use air fryer and didn’t have time.
Great looking chicken!!
Thanks!
Perfect, that is my kids favorite meal! Beautiful pic!
Awesome that they love good whole food! Thighs are hard to beat.
Nice cook on those. I love that rub. Just made up a new batch. Went to Mexican market. Was going to get some peppers to try make hot sauce and they started putting out thier own home made again. Several flavors and they all so good. I just picked up a few of those. I will wait until can grow some this year.
Thanks Brian. Making the sauces with your own peppers will be even more satisfying
Jeff, they look picture perfect.

Would you mind sharing the recipe for your keto rub? Thanks.

Rob
Thanks Rob. BrianGSDTexoma BrianGSDTexoma do you have my rub recipe still from when I sent to you? If not Rob I’ll dig it up later and send you a snapshot of my messy handwritten version lol

Reactions: robrpb
You have great thighs Jeff! J/K! They do look really good. Mind sharing the blue cheese dressing recipe? I always get store bought.

Awesome color on those !
Baked in the oven @ 400F for about 30 minutes to 180-185F. Bite through skin and amazingly juicy.
That's a fantastic way to cook them . Gets a hard sear on the outside , keeps the moisture in the middle . Very nice .

Reactions: jcam222
Those thighs look perfect all around. Great work Jeff. Do you cook them uncovered? I usually cover in the oven for 30 minutes then uncovered the rest of the way. Skin is not always bite through, and I use 350' to cook. Now trying your 400' method, I assume uncovered. Thanks for sharing.

Reactions: jcam222
Looks excellant Jeff
Thanks Jim!
You have great thighs Jeff! J/K! They do look really good. Mind sharing the blue cheese dressing recipe? I always get store bought.
Thanks Steve. I use 2 cups Mayo, 2 cups sour cream, 1 packet hidden valley ranch dip , 1 packet green onion dip mix and about 8 0z crumbled blue cheese. If I plan on using it as both dip and thinned for dressing I use heavy cream instead of sour cream. Also sometimes add crumbled bacon. Not fancy just tasty.
Awesome color on those !

That's a fantastic way to cook them . Gets a hard sear on the outside , keeps the moisture in the middle . Very nice .
Thanks , I agree! When you can’t grill or have too much to air fry it works well.
Boy you got some pretty thighs there! Wouldnt mind some of that.

Jim
Thanks!
Those thighs look perfect all around. Great work Jeff. Do you cook them uncovered? I usually cover in the oven for 30 minutes then uncovered the rest of the way. Skin is not always bite through, and I use 350' to cook. Now trying your 400' method, I assume uncovered. Thanks for sharing.
Uncovered the whole time for bite through. If you want crispy dry the chicken the day before and dust with baking powder leaving uncovered overnight. Oil and rub then 25 min @ 400 and 5-10 under broiler.
Those thighs look great Jeff, your rub gave them excellent color!
Thanks Joe. I really do like the color it puts on chicken

Reactions: MJB05615
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky