Keto Salisbury Steak

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jcam222

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jun 13, 2017
Northeast Ohio
So many posts in comfort food and in particular mentions of Salisbury steak. I just had to have some. Friends turned me on to a new meat shop this week with great quality and prices. Grabbed a 30 lbs case of huge tom turkey legs for next weeks project. They had a nice store grind Chuck and beef shank roughly 85/15 for $3.99 / lbs 5 lbs minimum. I ts an everyday deal they run. It’s excellent in this and I’ll be buying it often! Here are some finish pics. The recipe is in the video. As always the recipe is a guide, I do adjust to taste a little on the fly but this should be great as written. I know I go pretty heavy on the Worcestershire pour. It does make some extra gravy but you can never have too much gravy.
61483C80-2ED6-4A6C-A6F9-C8EBF22C491E.jpeg
65603107-74F8-4177-B3C2-A02ADE6F7D45.jpeg

I just knew you were going to make this soon when I saw your reply on my thread. Looks killer as always. Keto cooking can be a challenge and you do a superb job of it! Well done my friend!

Reactions: jcam222
Wicked nice Jeff,

Point for sure
Chris

That looks fantastic . Awesome work .
I know I go pretty heavy on the Worcestershire pour.
I wouldn't have it any other way . We've been adding sour cream in the mix too . Makes great texture . Maybe that's not Keto .
Grabbed a 30 lbs case of huge tom turkey legs for next weeks project.
I'm jealous . Wish I could find some here . Pull those tendons .

That looks fantastic . Awesome work .

I wouldn't have it any other way . We've been adding sour cream in the mix too . Makes great texture . Maybe that's not Keto .

I'm jealous . Wish I could find some here . Pull those tendons .
Rich I’ll have to try some sour cream next time. Falls right in the keto zone. I’m reading a bit on the tendons. They do really kill the enjoyment of eating. I e seen a ton of methods but the easiest was to chop the end 1/2 inch or so of the joint while raw. Theoretically when it cooks the skin pulls back exposing the tendon and will easily pull when warm. Thoughts?

That looks DELICIOUS!

Man alive Jeff, comfort food at its finest, gravy me up, fine piece of work! RAY

Good looking dish of salisbury steaks and gravy

David

Wicked nice Jeff,

Point for sure
Chris

Keto or not, that looks killer good Jeff!
Al

Mighty fine-looking Jeff!
Thanks guys. It sure hit the spot for me , my neighbors and my buddy yesterday!!

Reactions: DRKsmoking
I just knew you were going to make this soon when I saw your reply on my thread. Looks killer as always. Keto cooking can be a challenge and you do a superb job of it! Well done my friend!
Yes sir!! Your post made me drool lol, I had to have some.

I’ll have to try some sour cream next time.
1/2 cup to 2 lbs. of ground meat is a base line .
Theoretically when it cooks the skin pulls back exposing the tendon and will easily pull when warm. Thoughts?
I was using chicken legs . I chopped some , and just scored a line around the leg at the knuckle on others . The skin did shrink back .
Some pulled right out , but others didn't . It sure makes a difference though . Especially on turkey .
Don't want to redirect your thread , but been chasing the turkey legs myself . Cured and smoked , then used in a crock pot or dutch oven dish is hard to beat . Wings too .

OK , back to meatballs !! or Salisbury steak .

Reactions: jcam222
1/2 cup to 2 lbs. of ground meat is a base line .

I was using chicken legs . I chopped some , and just scored a line around the leg at the knuckle on others . The skin did shrink back .
Some pulled right out , but others didn't . It sure makes a difference though . Especially on turkey .
Don't want to redirect your thread , but been chasing the turkey legs myself . Cured and smoked , then used in a crock pot or dutch oven dish is hard to beat . Wings too .

OK , back to meatballs !! or Salisbury steak .
Haha, I will get a thread on legs started today maybe.

Jeez Jeff, that looks amazing!! I've loved Salisbury steak for as long as I can remember but don't ever remember seeing it look as good as what you put together. Excellent job my friend!!

Robert

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky