• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Keto coconut glazed donut holes.

jcam222

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jun 13, 2017
Air fryer keto coconut glazed donut holes. Tweaked the recipe some from batch 1 and these are delicious and pretty addictive! Wife loves them too. 2 cups almond flour, 1/2 cup coconut flour, 1/4 cup Golden lakanto (could just use swerve) 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder, 2 t xanthan and 1 t salt. In separate bowl mix 1 stick melted butter, a heavy 1/4 cup keto yogurt or sour cream , 1/4 cup hot water. Mix up into a dough, it’s a little crumbly. Wet or grease hands and make about 15 balls. All fryers a little difference so can play with time snd temp. I do 7 minutes 325 and crank it to 375 for 3-4 more minutes. Icing is 1/2 cup powdered swerve, 2 tablespoons heavy cream and 1 teaspoon vanilla. Mix it and microwave for 20 seconds so it’s nice and thing. Cost each donut hole in icing and roll in unsweetened coconut. Best to let the holes cool before glazing.
59C9E7F1-BCA0-4DEE-B905-EE53D7E73DE1.jpeg

Last edited:

bauchjw

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Aug 3, 2015
That looks so good! My wife got an air fryer before the holidays and we’ve been playing with it! This is a perfect one to try out! Thanks!

jcam222

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jun 13, 2017
That looks so good! My wife got an air fryer before the holidays and we’ve been playing with it! This is a perfect one to try out! Thanks!
Quite welcome. I plan on doing more this weekend to do some different versions.

Fueling Around

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Dec 10, 2018
Jeff
Normally, I am not a big sweet eater, but since this covid crap my tastes have really changed.
I had to go grab a couple cookies after checking out your photo.

indaswamp

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Apr 27, 2017
You got me with 'keto' and 'doughnut'.......just does not compute!! LOL!! I am very intrigued by this...Like!

jcam222

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jun 13, 2017
You got me with 'keto' and 'doughnut'.......just does not compute!! LOL!! I am very intrigued by this...Like!
Haha it’s amazing the desserts you can crank out that are diabetic and keto friendly.

xray

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Mar 11, 2015
Damn Jeff those look excellent! I would love to sit down to about a half dozen of those with a nice cup of coffee. Nicely done.

boykjo

Sausage maker
Staff member
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Joined Apr 28, 2010
Me too. I didn't know you can put keto and doughnut in the same sentence.
Nice.....

Boykjo

tx smoker

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Apr 14, 2013
Those look absolutely divine Jeff. Not much of a sweet eater but I'd certainly give those a go!! Well done sir.

Me too. I didn't know you can put keto and doughnut in the same sentence.
I'm not into the keto thing but if people can put light and beer into the same sentence then keto and doughnut should be allowed :emoji_wink:

If it's light, it ain't beer. If it's beer, it ain't light....just sayin' :emoji_laughing:

Robert

GaryHibbert

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 20, 2013
Those sound delicious, Jeff. My Mom used to deep fry donut holes all the time for us.
Gary

jcam222

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jun 13, 2017
FYI all edited to include the xanthan gum I forgot to include.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.