Keto Charro Beans and Carnita's

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BrianGSDTexoma

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Aug 1, 2018
North Texas, Texoma
Used Carlo's, tallbm tallbm method and recipe with a few tweaks to make Black Soy Charro Beans. Man this worked perfect and the beans where better than I could of hoped for. I used some pork butt ham for the meat. Even had the right heat as I usually add hot sauce to bowl but these where perfect. Big Thanks Carlo! Was looking to buy more beans and not many choices now.

IMG_20221207_145315055_HDR.jpg IMG_20221207_145531644_HDR.jpg

I made Rick Bayless Sous Vide Carnitas back in June and saved half. Takes a lot less pork lard doing it this way. I'm a huge Rick Bayless fan. I love those little single serving guacamole I get at Aldi. Ready when you are and taste great.

IMG_20221207_153728931.jpg

IMG_20221207_154728623_HDR.jpg IMG_20221207_155639003_HDR.jpg IMG_20221207_155648939.jpg

Last edited:
Beautiful.......... and tasty I'm sure! 😋

Last edited:
Used Carlo's, tallbm tallbm method and recipe with a few tweaks to make Black Soy Charro Beans. Man this worked perfect and the beans where better than I could of hoped for. I used some pork butt ham for the meat. Even had the right heat as I usually add hot sauce to bowl but these where perfect. Big Thanks Carlo! Was looking to buy more beans and not many choices now.

View attachment 650554View attachment 650553

I made Rick Bayless Sous Vide Carnitas back in June and saved half. Takes a lot less pork lard doing it this way. I'm a huge Rick Bayless fan. I love those little single serving guacamole I get at Aldi. Ready when you are and taste great.

View attachment 650552

View attachment 650551View attachment 650550View attachment 650549
Glad it came out well! I have a feeling you won't be going back to soaking and using the stove. This approach you can just throw everything in with some hot water and in about 2.5 hours be eating the black soy beans for a meal :)

Yeah world wide shortage of black soy beans. In August I broke down and bought a 25 pound bag here: https://store.edenfoods.com/black-soybeans-organic-dry-25-lb/

High entry cost to buy since it was 25 freakin pounds, BUT they had black soy beans hahaha. It shipped quick and even with shipping cost it was cheaper (per ounce and per pound) than any other option around.

I'm set for a while on black soy beans.

Last edited:
Beautiful Brian! Man that looks super tasty! Carnitas and beans every day. Great work!

Nice Job Brian, It sure looks good from here.

Point for sure
Chris

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky