• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Keto Caramel “Apple” French Toast

SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jcam222

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jun 13, 2017
After about a month of brain lock on mew creations I had an idea. I saw a loaf of Keto Lewis Cinnamon bread at our local Meijers. First time I’d ever seen a keto cinnamon bread of any kind. I knew I’d think of something so bought it. I started thinking the obvious French toast and remembered the fake apple caramel pie I posted here last year. Fuse the two ideas together and voila. “Apple pie filling” is made from jicama. This time other than just cooking it on the ingredients (link below) I put it in the Instant Pot to further soften the jicama. Jicama had a natural hint of apple flavor but is a bit hard to soften. This helped a lot. Filling and caramel sauce are in this post of mine https://www.smokingmeatforums.com/threads/keto-caramel-apple-crumble-pie.300883/ French toast was just 4 eggs, 1/4 cup heavy cream and about 1/2 t cinnamon and nutmeg with a pinch of clove. Turned out very rich and decadent.
9946C345-A26D-4AB3-8063-42735555A283.jpeg

civilsmoker

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jan 27, 2015
I don't care what is in that, I would eat it! But with Bacon please!

Nice work!

bauchjw

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Aug 3, 2015
Holy cow! That is incredible! You already have me addicted to Sazon Goya, now you throw in jicama deserts/breakfast! Incredible Jeff! You are a master!
9D4CBE2A-9A7E-431F-9C34-A912299ABB8A.gif

forktender

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jun 10, 2008
After about a month of brain lock on mew creations I had an idea. I saw a loaf of Keto Lewis Cinnamon bread at our local Meijers. First time I’d ever seen a keto cinnamon bread of any kind. I knew I’d think of something so bought it. I started thinking the obvious French toast and remembered the fake apple caramel pie I posted here last year. Fuse the two ideas together and voila. “Apple pie filling” is made from jicama. This time other than just cooking it on the ingredients (link below) I put it in the Instant Pot to further soften the jicama. Jicama had a natural hint of apple flavor but is a bit hard to soften. This helped a lot. Filling and caramel sauce are in this post of mine https://www.smokingmeatforums.com/threads/keto-caramel-apple-crumble-pie.300883/ French toast was just 4 eggs, 1/4 cup heavy cream and about 1/2 t cinnamon and nutmeg with a pinch of clove. Turned out very rich and decadent. View attachment 633359
You're hired, Jeff, that look's F'in KILLER!!!!!!!

DRKsmoking

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jan 27, 2021
Now there's a breakfast plate I would lick clean. I do clean every plate always .
But this is for me dessert for breakfast

David

JLeonard

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Apr 17, 2020
Oh man. As others have said....That is a great looking plate.
Jim

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jun 22, 2009
Nice job Jeff!
That looks phenomenal!!
I agree that bacon would take it over the top!
Al

sawhorseray

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Oct 17, 2014
Sign me up for that breakfast in a hot second, looks fabulous! French toast with maple bacon of Canadian bacon, my favorites, might have to fire up the griddle in a few minutes, now I'm hangry!

tx smoker

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Apr 14, 2013
I'm not a huge fan of French toast. Tracy loves it though so we have it on a somewhat regular basis. This however looks amazing!! I'd never think about turning down a plate of that. Fantastic Jeff....as always buddy.

Robert

Bearcarver

Gone but not forgotten RIP
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Sep 12, 2009
OMG !!
Better watch out, Jeff---I'm not sure that "Dessert" is Legal !!
Freaking Awesome!!
Like.

Bear

GaryHibbert

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jun 20, 2013
I'm not a huge fan of French toast. Tracy loves it though so we have it on a somewhat regular basis. This however looks amazing!! I'd never think about turning down a plate of that. Fantastic Jeff....as always buddy.

Robert
Robert said it all, Jeff--if you add "truly DECADENT". Add some bacon, and I'd sure change my view on French toast.
Gary

Steve H

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Feb 18, 2018
Man Jeff! This made me remember the last time I had french toast. Which has been waaaay to long! Absolutely amazing!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Top Bottom
Clicky