• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Keeping ribs warm.

SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

c crane

Jan 15, 2010
Last week, i had to smoke ribs and then keep them warm for several hrs before serving without electricity and wasn't sure what to do. As i was loading the ribs into the smoker, i spied my pile of pavers by the drivway and put three of them into the smoker with the ribs.

When done, i put a towel in the bottom of a coolser, then the three bricks and then the ribs followed with another towel--it seamed to work real good.

chefmike

Fire Starter
Nov 18, 2009
Yeah that whole word "cooler" confuses alot of people. It is an insulated box. Does a great job keeping things warm.

Preheating it with hot water (then dumping it out) works well too.

rbranstner

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
Oct 18, 2007
Yep I wrap mine in tinfoil then throw them into the cooler with a bunch of old towels and it will stay warm in there for a long time.

northern greenhorn

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Mar 11, 2010
towels and a cooler, I understand, never thought of using bricks, I guess if they're rated for high heat, that would work fine.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Top Bottom
Clicky