Keeping and Reheating Spare Ribs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Gonna Smoke

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Sep 19, 2018
South Carolina
So a bunch of us will be making our annual spring fishing trip up to Cherokee Lake in Tennessee at the end of March. I'm smoking a whole rack of spare ribs (today actually) to take and am wondering what's the best way to freeze them and then reheat them. I'm definitely going to vac seal, but was maybe thinking of cutting the rack into 1 or 2 rib sections and reheating in the oven in a covered pan. I could vac seal whole, too. These ribs are seasoned with a dry rub, so should I sauce here, there, or not at all? Any suggestions are much appreciated...

I like throwing them on a grill to reheat. You can sauce then if you'd like. I heat in tin foil for a bit, then sauce and let the fire do its thing.

Reactions: Marknmd
I like throwing them on a grill to reheat.

Cut in 3-4 rib sections Vac seal, then at the lake drop in a pot of boiling water to warm then finish on the grill.
There is not a grill at the VRBO where we stay, unfortunately. I like the idea of vac sealed and in a pot of boiling water, but it'll have to be in the oven after that...

There is not a grill at the VRBO where we stay, unfortunately. I like the idea of vac sealed and in a pot of boiling water, but it'll have to be in the oven after that...
Finish glaze after water heated then in the oven or broiler perfect solution and I do all the time....cheap SV

I just toss them in the pot of boiling water for 15 minutes to heat them up once they are vac-sealed, no more grilling. Doing that tonight in fact! RAY

Reactions: Gonna Smoke
Yup vac seal and hot water bath. This can be done right out of the freezer as well just takes a little longer to heat through. As many have done this from seeing the previous post, I find that it does not change the flavor at all. I do it completely sauced and ready to eat when it comes out of the bag. Most of what I freeze is cooked leftover's.

Warren

Reactions: Gonna Smoke
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky