1. Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Kabobs, because, why not?

Discussion in 'Beef' started by cooker613, Mar 19, 2019.

1. cooker613

cooker613 Smoking Fanatic

Made some kabobs the other night just because. Used hanger steak.

20EA4E33-C2FD-4411-89BC-3BB4CAC045AA.jpeg

pushok2018, gmc2003, xray and 5 others like this.
  2. chef jimmyj

chef jimmyj Epic Pitmaster Staff Member Moderator Group Lead OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Good job cooking meat and veg separately. Not many folks know to do that thanks to TV. As a kid it was always overcooked meat an burnt but raw veg...JJ

3. zwiller

zwiller Master of the Pit OTBS Member

LIKE. LOVE hanger... 2 in the freezer now. $5.99/lb at Sam's. Thought that was a good deal. We are serious kabob folk here and basically weekly once it's warm. What's your meat marinade? Standard here is cheap zesty italian dressing with some granulated garlic and lemon juice.

LOL Wife still forgets and "does me the favor" of loading them. Also, she breaks each onion down and takes like 15m to load.

4. Steve H

Steve H Master of the Pit SMF Premier Member

Looks great!

5. tag0401

tag0401 Meat Mopper

This is why I come here. Who knew.

And it always a good time for kabobs. Looks great

6. chilerelleno

chilerelleno Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Killer kabobs.... Yummy!
    Like!

7. cooker613

cooker613 Smoking Fanatic

Basically my own dry rub but with the addition of zataar and sumac. Went with an Israeli flavor profile.

8. SmokinAl

SmokinAl SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

Your kabobs look delicious!
    Nice work!
    Al

9. xray

xray Master of the Pit

That looks excellent! Got my belly grumbling

10. gmc2003

gmc2003 Legendary Pitmaster OTBS Member

Kabobs aren't on the regular menu around here, but yours will make me rethink my selections.

Point for sure
    Chris

11. What cut is a "Hanger Steak"?

12. pushok2018

pushok2018 Smoking Fanatic SMF Premier Member

Tasty looking kabobs! Yammy! Definitely Like! Never heard of "hanger stake" as a meat cut before. Never saw it in any of my local supermarkets and never noticed it in either Costco or Sam's club.... Maybe just never paid attention? Just "googled" it and now I know what to buy next time if I can find it around...There is always something new to learn....