Just wanted to say I'm back.....and NOW armed w/ my Big Block

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

grillin_all_day

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Jun 5, 2008
Barksdale Air Force Base, LA
Well, after about a 6 month hiatus because of the move to Italy, I just wanted to say that I'm officially back.  The big block (and with that, all my household stuff) still hasn't made it here since being shipped out in early Sept.  It should be here in another 2 weeks, just in time to smoke my first turkey for Thanksgiving.  I'm lookin forward to being back on here and most importantly, smokin up some good treats!

Welcome back!  Q-view from Italy?!!!  This could be interesting.......
wink.gif

Glad to know you're still in the game. Here's wishing you a good smoke and great Q. It's all good my friend.

Wow with all the good hams and sausages available there it might be tough to get any smoking in.

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with

icon_cool.gif

Welcome back and it will be good to see some of your Q-view in a few weeks.

Welcome back hope your stuff gets there on time an you can do that Thanksgiving smoke

Glad to hear things are good. Sucks about the stuff not getting there yet.

Thanks everyone, yeah it does suck that it still hasn't gotten here yet.  Some how, some way though, I will have smoked turkey in November though!  I'm still getting used to the area, but I'm hoping to find a butcher and become his best customer.  Qview's to come
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

Well, 4 of my 7 crates are in the hands of the movers and the other 3 will be tomorrow.  I'm trying to set up delivery for Friday, but they have a very large delivery that day, so it might get delayed until Monday.  However, if everything goes to plan, I have 1/2 tank of propane that was left at the house (American tank, not European), will have my smoker and will be doing my first smoked turkey for Thanksgiving.  Just glad I was able to stash my wood in the shipment because the original shipper's weren't going to allow me to take it.  There was no way I was giving up my hickory, mesquite, apple, cherry and alder

As the new title says, I'm now officially armed w/ my big block and will be having smoked turkey for Thanksgiving.  It made it to Italy with just a few scrapes (but that is to be expected).  Oh yeah, the rest of my stuff came too, with the exception to my hardware pack that contains all the nuts and bolts to my kids beds
icon_evil.gif
  So until I can order a new hardware pack for my son's bunk beds and find a way to rig my daughters beds, my poor kids are stuck sleeping on a matress that is on the cold tile floor.  This is the second time this has happend.  I think from now on, I'm going to hand carry my hardware pack's.

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky