Just some plain old babybacks

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smokerjim

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jan 14, 2014
Northeast pa
My wife found some babybacks in the freezer the other day and since i haven't bought babybacks in probably 2 years i always get st. louis i'm assuming these have some age to them, so i thawed them out and took a whiff, smell good to me so with just a little salt and pepper i threw in the pitboss at 250 for 5 hours. these were very good, i forgot what just some s and p taste like i'm always putting some type of rub on them, sometimes i try to get to fancy and forget how good the basics are. thanks for looking. Jim
20210824_105704.jpg
20210824_105803.jpg

Looks real good Jim, I'm a big fan of SnP on ribs

Point for sure
Chris

Reactions: smokerjim
Looks real darned good from where I'm sitting Jim, Like! I hear you about the rubs, I've gone back to just S&P on steaks, gives the flavor I've always enjoyed the most. RAY

i forgot what just some s and p taste like i'm always putting some type of rub on them, sometimes i try to get to fancy and forget how good the basics are. thanks for looking. Jim

smokerjim,

I also get carried away with the rub and ran out so just went with the S&P. Brings back the days from when I was just getting into smoking

Looks great Jim, we do them that way all the time too. Sometimes with just CBP & no salt. Just love the taste of smoked pork!
Al

Yes sir Jim, looking mighty fine and hard to beat the tried and true salt & pepper. I too am a St. Louis guy now, but waste not, want not...

Looking good!
Yeah it never hurts to go through the freezer now and then ;-)
Like you I usually go with St Louis now but if the babys are on sale it's hard not to pick some up.
I still usually use a rub but I've tried some naked (we're watching the salt) and they were good.
I would need one of those pieces all to myself.....

Looks real darned good from where I'm sitting Jim, Like! I hear you about the rubs, I've gone back to just S&P on steaks, gives the flavor I've always enjoyed the most. RAY
Thanks Ray, sometimes we need to just get back to the basics. Thanks for the like

smokerjim,

I also get carried away with the rub and ran out so just went with the S&P. Brings back the days from when I was just getting into smoking
Good to get back to our humble beginnings now and then😉

Looks great Jim, we do them that way all the time too. Sometimes with just CBP & no salt. Just love the taste of smoked pork!
Al
Thank you Al, will definitely be doing more this way, pork flavor really comes through. Thanks for the like

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky