Just Some More Butts

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

HalfSmoked

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jun 11, 2015
Maryland Eastern Shore
I know we have all seen plenty of butts but I got elected to do some for wife's family get together. Bought them at $1.29 lb. another store the week before knowing I would have this to do had them at $.99 lb. My kind of luck.
There have been many questions on doing pork butts and what you end up with when done. I have never weighted them all I ever did was cook one and the kids would do away with it. So I did 4 pork butts total weight before smoking was 36.75 lbs. finish weight pulled 16.5 lbs. a little over 1/2 loss. I most likely cleaned mine more of fat as some of you would do.

So here goes

1st one

IMG_0632.jpg

2nd one

IMG_0634.jpg

3rd and 4th came in a double pack

IMG_0635.jpg

rubbed and ready

IMG_0637.jpg

IMG_0638.jpg

in the smoker

IMG_0640.jpg

first ones out of smoker

IMG_0646.jpg

forgot to take picture with all of the finished one in the smoker but here's 2

IMG_0647.jpg

4 clean bones

IMG_0648.jpg

IMG_0649.jpg

2 pulled and 2 to go.

IMG_0651.jpg

Well that's enough photos to show again that is the most I have ever done at one time usually 1 and a piece of beef at the same time. Hope you enjoy looking and hope I didn't bore you. Thanks for looking.

Warren

You can not argue with them pics fall off the bone. That bone looks like it was licked clean,awesome job! BIG LIKES
Richie

it's funny Warren, seems like I don't get bored looking at nice smokes, and yours looks great.

Yup HS. Looks great. We never get tired of lookin at fine looking meat.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky