Just researching for now

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

moeparry

Original poster
Jun 13, 2014
SW Ontario, Canada
Hi guys,

I'm from Ontario, Canada.  I have no experience at all with smoking foods, but I would like to get started.  I do not own a smoker at this point but I found this forum and I am trying to absorb what information I can before deciding on which model to buy.

yes, I own a Weber Summit S620 Natural Gas Grill
Sweet grill 
biggrin.gif
    You can get your feet wet smoking some foods on it while you are researching and looking at a dedicated smoker.   Light burners on one end and put the meat on the other for some indirect action.     Use a smoke box or a AMNTS smoke generator and off you go.

I will certainly look into that provided the smoker box is cheap enough.  I dont want to spend much on it if I'm planning to buy a big smoker anyways.  I appreciate your input.

I will certainly look into that provided the smoker box is cheap enough.  I dont want to spend much on it if I'm planning to buy a big smoker anyways.  I appreciate your input.
Smoke boxes are very inexpensive.   The one from Weber is stainless and costs $25 or so.   Heck, you can make wood chip/chunk pouches out of aluminum foil, poke some holes in it and use them on your Weber.    This would get you on the road to smoking while you figure out which smoker you really want.

Reactions: moeparry
Hello and welcome to the site. Look around ask questions see what your needs will be that will help you decide.

Gary S

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky