Just purchased MES40 2.5 Gen...now what to make?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

huskyrugger

Original poster
Nov 23, 2018
After reading through the forums I purchased a 2.5 gen MES40 (Thanks Bearcarver Bearcarver ). Now that leads me to what should my first recipe be? I'm brand new to smoking and looking for something that will be on the simpler side just to get my feet wet.

Appreciate any and all suggestions!

-rugger

After reading through the forums I purchased a 2.5 gen MES40 (Thanks Bearcarver Bearcarver ). Now that leads me to what should my first recipe be? I'm brand new to smoking and looking for something that will be on the simpler side just to get my feet wet.

Appreciate any and all suggestions!

-rugger

Welcome Rugger!!
You might have already seen this, but here's about 100 Step by Steps to choose from:
Just click on "Bear's Step by Steps".

Bear

Welcome to the site, whatever you decide there is a whole forum full of folks willing to help. If any questions arise.

Chris

Reactions: huskyrugger
Whatever it is post pics and share it with us. Start to finish, check out the forum ask lots of questions and share the experience. Ribs to me are always a good start as well. Easy to do.

Reactions: daricksta
I think I started off with baby back ribs. I bought a MES 30 6 years ago. Started off using wood chips and quickly switched to wood pellets after reading a number of posts on SMF. That one change upped my smoking game immensely.

Reactions: huskyrugger
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky