Just ordered Anova SV

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

gnatboy911

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Jan 4, 2017
Western, CO
Well, thanks to this forum, and some careful idea pitching to the head financial officer (wife) I ordered an Anova Sous Vide tonight.  I've read a lot of positive reviews of them.  I'm hoping for some tasty meals.

Also thinking I can get some things prepared the night before, then late afternoon the wife can put them in the pot and turn it on. So when I get home from work all I have to do is a quick sear of the meat and we're good to go.

The wife currently stays home with our 8 month old son.  And she hates to cook, so I do all the cooking.  I convinced her that I'd do the prep, and all she had to do was turn it on in the water.

Hoping for the best,

Nate.

I'm sure your going to like your new toy.

I've been experimenting with mine & there are so many uses for these units.

Have fun!

Al

Amazon claims it should be here tomorrow...  Can't wait!  Maybe I'll pull a big chunk of meat out of the freezer so it can go overnight for dinner Saturday.

Dang, that is true.  I didn't get the WiFi model...couldn't really think of a reason.  Now I'm wishing I'd have gone big time with the WiFi!

So far I have only had time to warm up some pre smoked beef ribs and cook a hamburger but I am impressed. It can't take the place of smoking but it sure turns out some good eats, also an exelent tool for heating up pre smoked foods that we vacuum pack and freeze every year. You will get your money's worth out of it.

Randy,

Going for the Sous Vide brussel sprouts tomorrow, the boss is doing a pork roast in the oven. I would like to put it in one of the smokers but she is recovering from cancer and some foods are not good for her recovery. Smoked foods is one of them. Can you imagine that? Smoked cuisine should be the cure. Fortunately she can have smoked foods just not a lot.

Randy,

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky