Just jumping into smoking

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Twrexx

Original poster
Apr 7, 2020
Grilled since I was a teenager, but an old neighbor of mine moved away and left me their smoker so I’ve been giving it a go.

smoked some ribs earlier this week. I think they came out great (forgot pics).

now I have a small turkey I’m smoking. It’s just about done-maybe another 30-40 min. 6 lbs, been in since about 3, but as I’m new to this I’m still getting a hang of keeping temp even. When it’s gotten hot- I just put apples on the coals to kind of slowly bring temp down of the vent doesn’t seem to be doing the trick. That sound reasonable? Seeeeems to be working ok, and it can’t hurt the taste right? (Yes, usingwood as well as charcoal...hickory bc that’s what was at the store).

Anyway , y’all stay healthy!

pic is just the turkey in the brine last night :)

Attachments

• 2DFC5938-0690-47A2-84BC-BF4571CC031C.jpeg
    2DFC5938-0690-47A2-84BC-BF4571CC031C.jpeg
    83.1 KB · Views: 24
I have a digital Bradley and a couple homemade smokers last one is a deep freezer mounted on top of a file cabinet powered by convection oven element controlled by auber instrument smd 200 smoke is provided by smoke pellets

Attachments

• 112FB676-2EB3-40A9-B469-5C52A94B8ADC.jpeg
    112FB676-2EB3-40A9-B469-5C52A94B8ADC.jpeg
    168.7 KB · Views: 33
Its looking awesome, while i like maple wood for preparing smoking meat, i tried many recipes, but it was hard for me to prepare the exact as in photo, but giving proper time and scheduling every component, i made that, and it was really awesome in taste.

welcome from pa, ya don't need nothing fancy to make some great food. just a little knowledge and patience. and lot's of beer if ya drink:emoji_wink:

Reactions: Twrexx
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky