Just joined today, but I've been here for months

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mr parx

Fire Starter
Original poster
Nov 2, 2014
Savannah, GA
Aloha, fellow carnivores!

I have been using your wisdom to become a household celebrity, and it's time I came on here to extend formal gratitude.  I am in Savannah, GA, home of some wonderful Qstaurants, and have just started smoking my own this year.  I got my ECB as a bonus when Home Depot promised to hold a gas grill for me and sold the last one.  Now my (second choice) gas grill is getting dusty.  

I have to admit I haven't even paid attention to who my gurus on here have been, so I can't thank you for all the help yet.

Next time I smoke, I will credit you all, and I will try to take some before-and-afters.

(I have some "befores" from several different smokes.  I never think to take the pics when the meat comes out!)

Anyhoo, thanks for welcoming me to the SMF.  My big plans are to smoke some fish and eventually a brisket, but so far it's been all pork and chicken.

I'll crack wise and ask dumb questions pretty soon. 

Best,

Mr. P. 

What the heck, as a test, let's see if I can post the one "after" pic I have... 

Last edited:
texas.gif
  Good evening and welcome to the forum, from a very cool and nice day in East Texas. Lots of great people with tons of                    information on just about  everything.    

Nice !

Gary

Glad you joined the group. The search bar at the top of any page is your best friend.
About anything you wanna know about smoking/grilling/curing/brining/cutting or slicing
and the list goes on has probably been posted. Remember to post a QVIEW of your smokes.
We are all smoke junkies here and we have to get our fix. If you have questions
Post it and you will probably get 10 replies with 11 different answers. That is
because their are so many different ways to make great Q...
Happy smoken.
David

Mr P,
Welcome, from southern Ohio, to the best forum on the internet if you are looking to learn how to BBQ/smoke/brine/cure/inject. Well you get the picture if you can do it to to something you put on a plate to eat then someone here has probably done it. Use the search bar at the top of the page and you will be led to the answer to most every question you can think of. If you don't find the answer there then just post it and someone will chime in with their opinion on the subject.
That finished product sure looks good to me!! It's great that the household has elevated you to celebrity status, but with fame comes expectations, If you haven't yet you probably will have a less than stellar smoke, when this happens just laugh and tell everyone that you wanted to remind them what not so great Q tastes like. LOL
Been there done that!!! It's all part of the learning curve!
Always remember the only dumb question is the one you don’t ask!!
Keep Smokin!!!
Wolf

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky