Just joined the smoker family

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bbstacker

Original poster
Mar 25, 2011
Picked up my 1st smoker yesterday.  Master Built XL.  

Put it all together today.  Wiped the inside down with white vinegar and then canola oil(don't tell the wife.  she was out of PAM). 

Lit the fire with some hickory chips and it is seasoning as I write(does typing constitute writing?).

Let cha know how it goes.  
smilie_flagge13.gif

welcome1.gif

Congrats on the new smoker, a fine purchase indeed. I think you'll like it here, lots of nice folks with a ton of talent. Looking forward to hearing from ya..

Welcome to SMF. There are a lot of very friendly & knowledgeable folks here to help you. I urge you to sign up for the free E-course. It will give you the basics, & even if you are an experienced smoker you may learn something new. Then start asking questions. Good luck & glad to have you aboard. Don't forget we all love Qview!   Congrats on the new smoker!! 

Welcome to SMF and your new addiction. The great thing about this hobby is you get to eat your mistakes and show off the great ones.

Welcome to SMF, Glad to have you with us.

This is the place to learn, lots of good info and helpful friendly Members.

For those of you new to Smoking, be sure to check out Jeff's 5 Day Smoking Basics eCourse.

Click Here it's "FREE" ... 5 Day eCourseE

Thanks everyone for the welcomes.  

Seasoning day 1 was interesting.

Found out 3 things

1.  The chunks will catch fire even on low with stock tray.  Gonna get a cast iron skillet at the 2nd hand store (wife volunteered).

2.  Definitely need to install stove gasket on the door leaks from both the top half way down both sides.  Nothing traumatic but yuppers needs to be done.

Along those lines HD nor Lowes in So Cal carry it.  ACE however does.

3.  On low it maintains 225 let it season again today(wife just wanted to smell the hickory).

Looking forward to cooking this week.  

Once again thanks again for friendly welcome!

Welcome to the SMF. Glad to have you here. Lots of good folks, great recipes and knowledge. Looking forward to your first qview.

Welcome to SMF glad you joined us. You may not need the stove gasket material remember your looking for Thin Blue Smoke (TBS) which is a very light blue or maybe even no smoke but the smell of the wood burning (if you can smell it so can the meat) Have fun and happy smoking

Welcome to SMF. Glad to see ya breaking in the new smoker.  One suggestion - look on the right side where the ads are. Look for the A MAZE N SMOKER  and get the 6X8 and some dust.  It will make you a better smoker from the beginning. Lots of us use them here with great results

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky