Just Joined from Indian Land SC

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Fladawg01

Original poster
Feb 15, 2023
Indian Land SC
New into these forums, but have been enjoying smoked meats from my Monolith Kamodo style cooker. Really cooks well, just a little small for Brisket and larger portions. I can do two 9lb butts at once and a spatchcock 12 lb turkey but still limited. The unit really cooks and smokes fantastically.

Now searching for a new pellet smoker and seriously considering either the Camp Chef Pro 24 with the additional wood chunk inserter or a Grilla Grill. I really like the feature of the additional wood chunk inserter, as I have seen it in actiona and food turnout. I alos like the fact it has a 4 probe wifi abilities. Grilla seems a little more heavy duty, but only has a 1 meat probe wifi, but would save me $200.

Anyone have either of these units and whats your take? Thanks, looking forward to seeing some recipes here as well.

Welcome aboard. I'm not a pellet pooper, but many are and they'll chime in shortly with the pro's and con's

Chris

Reactions: Fladawg01
Welcome from Tennessee. TulsaJeff TulsaJeff has the new camp chef with the wood chunk thingy. Don't see many people around here with a grilla

New into these forums, but have been enjoying smoked meats from my Monolith Kamodo style cooker. Really cooks well, just a little small for Brisket and larger portions. I can do two 9lb butts at once and a spatchcock 12 lb turkey but still limited. The unit really cooks and smokes fantastically.

Now searching for a new pellet smoker and seriously considering either the Camp Chef Pro 24 with the additional wood chunk inserter or a Grilla Grill. I really like the feature of the additional wood chunk inserter, as I have seen it in actiona and food turnout. I alos like the fact it has a 4 probe wifi abilities. Grilla seems a little more heavy duty, but only has a 1 meat probe wifi, but would save me $200.

Anyone have either of these units and whats your take? Thanks, looking forward to seeing some recipes here as well.
Welcome, from S. Florida (N Cuba) I don' t do pellets either, but the bst thing that has entered my huge family of smokers is a Masterbuilt 560 gravity fed. Previously had issues with MB and electric, but read reviews and found a floor model at Home Depot for a steal.
I I had $400 more thr bigger size would be better, but have't skunkd my 560 yet.
still happy as can be. IMG-3201.JPG

Welcome, from S. Florida (N Cuba) I don' t do pellets either, but the bst thing that has entered my huge family of smokers is a Masterbuilt 560 gravity fed. Previously had issues with MB and electric, but read reviews and found a floor model at Home Depot for a steal.
I I had $400 more thr bigger size would be better, but have't skunkd my 560 yet.
still happy as can be.View attachment 657855
Lived in Boca Raton for 20 years. Had to get out of the humidity!

Welcome from Ohio. You will get plenty of feedback here. I’ll add my vote to consider the Masterbuilt gravity feeds, 1050 for most capacity. My friends and others I sold have operated flawlessly for 2 years now and the food is hard to distinguish from a stick burner. Set and forget with stick burner results.

A little late but here nonetheless…..

I have a Grilla OG and once I learned the “secret“ it has been flawless and customer service is great.

”Indian Land”
Lumberton was first to mind.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky