Just had to do it....

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

vulcan75001

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
OTBS Member
May 27, 2006
Danbury, Ct.
Ok...With everyone talking about making jerky..I couldn't resist anymore..and just had to make another batch...I like to use either a top round or bottom round london broil...which ever is on sale...this one was a 2# top round....for the seasoning I have a variety of the Hi Mountain jerky seasonings..and I used the original blend....my favorite one is the mandarin teriyaki blend....so far...I have a dehydrator, but I don't like the way the jerky comes out....so I made some racks to go into the oven....much better...

These are the racks...
img5012rw7.jpg

Racks all loaded ready to go into the oven
img5016fu7.jpg

Racks in the oven....they clip onto the side rails that hold the oven racks
img5018ll5.jpg

Two of my helpers...Where did the goodies go?
img5023el7.jpg

My other two helpers..
img5024ss1.jpg

Is it done yet?
img5028mk4.jpg

All done...cooling off a little
img5031uj7.jpg

Ready to pack up...after a few samples of course...
img5034mw0.jpg

Randy.. thanks...
Oh yes, they all got a little sample...
I had the oven at 200*, and cooked it for 1 1/4 hour...the texture is great...not a break your tooth kind...I get the meat pretty cold in the freezer, so I can get it sliced thin....aprox..1/8~3/16" thick...I slice it with a knife....also keep the oven door cracked open a little so any moisture can escape...

Later
Richard

Randy...

The rods are 3/8" stainless steel...the blocks I used for the spacers are 3/4"X 3/8" stainless steel...I measured the distance from one side of the oven rail that holds the regular oven rack to the other side...used that measurement to cut rods and for the placement of the " L" shaped spacer/end ...so now the inside measurement between "L" shaped ends is the same as the distance of the oven rails...maybe "clip" was the wrong word... the rods now "hang" onto each side without falling off...everything is all welded so nothing can fall apart...

img5037tl5.jpg

img5038pc1.jpg

img5036vg2.jpg

Hope this helps ya some

Later
Richard

Randy..
Hope I may have helped ya some... at least give you a few ideas..welding...thats the easy part of it all...

Later
Richard

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky