Just for fun " Smashed potato Smoked Mini Pizza

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

DRKsmoking

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jan 27, 2021
Middle Sackville, Nova Scotia ,Canada
Just for fun " Smashed potato Smoked Mini Pizza

So I saw this show by "Cooking Haru" and he did smashed potato pizzas in a frying pan. So I wanted to try this my way. This was a practice run for when my Niece and Nephew come here later in the summer.

Did the boil the potatoes , I had a pot of chicken water as we make our own dog food for the girls and we boil the chicken first . So already had the hot water there. Prick the potatoes and boil. Added lots of salt as there was none in when making the dog food.
He did his smashed potatoes on a sprinkling of corn starch to help bind and help crust. I donot think it made a difference as it did not hold them together any better than when I have done the smashed before.

While the potatoes are boiling cut up all the usual suspects: peperoni, red onions, yellow peppers, my smoked Back Bacon, hamburger, cherry tomatoes, and Jalapenos on 3
And lots of Mozzarella cheese

DSC_4979.JPG
DSC_4980.JPG
DSC_4981.JPG

So potatoes are ready for the smashing. I like to use a mason jar so I can see the potato
DSC_4982.JPG DSC_4983.JPG

Into the hot frying pan with some canola oil

DSC_4984.JPG

DSC_4985.JPG

When all fried and crispy, placed on a sprayed rack for the smoker and dressed up the smashed taters. I put a little cheese on the potato first to help hold all together when cooked.

DSC_4986.JPG

DSC_4987.JPG

DSC_4988.JPG

Off to the smoker . Set at around 345 deg. with a little hickory

DSC_4990.JPG

DSC_4991.JPG

In for about 40 minutes, then into the house over under the broiler for 6 minutes

DSC_4992.JPG

DSC_4993.JPG

These were great and very filling I only had 3 . Next time I will use just a little smaller potatoes so I can flatten them just a little thinner .
I could pick up but had to use 2 hands incase they started to break up.

It was fun to do , it will happen again. When I made the smashed potatoes the first time I smashed and sprayed with cooking oil and right into the smoker https://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t...Thighs and Smashed -n-Smoked Taters Thank you .
That is how I will make the mini pizzas the next time . Crisp them in the smoker than top them and back into the smoker.

Thanks for looking

David

Attachments

• DSC_4989.JPG
    DSC_4989.JPG
    200.3 KB · Views: 4
Wow! That’s very cool and a ton of possibilities! Beautiful cook and results, definitely trying this out! Thank you for sharing😃

Reactions: DRKsmoking
Wow! That’s very cool and a ton of possibilities! Beautiful cook and results, definitely trying this out! Thank you for sharing😃

Thanks Jed for the love and the comment

Been wanting to do these for a while now. Just way to busy to do the fun stuff. And these were fun.
And a good practice run for when the kids come to visit later in summer.

David

Reactions: bauchjw
Those look fabulous David. Gonna have to give them a go soon.

Point for sure
Chris

Those smash pizzas look pretty tasty, creative and innovative David! I could see my self enjoying a few of them, plus the toppings can be endless.

Nicely done.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky