Just finished my best pork butt ever!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

ikinya6

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Dec 25, 2006
Russellville, Arkansas
I didn't think to take pics, sorry. Just was so proud of the meat I had to do little boasting.

Got a fresh cut 10 pound shoulder, rubbed it in mustard and my homemade sweet and spicy rub. Set it in the hickory smoke at 195-220 for about 10 hours, then in a foil pan with apple juice, apple cider vinegar, and butter and honey drizzled over the top, covered for another 8 hours. Meat temp got about 185. Let it sit for about an hour.

Oh my freakin' goodness. Couldn't stop "taste-testing" it. Serving it up with fresh made slaw on sweet Hawaiian bun!

This was just a prelude to next week's graduation party.

Just wanted to thank the old forum members for all of your advice over the years. I don't know how I could've made it this good without y'all.

Reactions: sauced
I just did my best one too and couldn't wait to brag!!! It's great to be able to share your accomplishments with this awesome community!

Reactions: ikinya6
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky