Just a typical Saturday afternoon in Sunny California - Tri-tip

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Chris_in_SoCal

Master of the Pit
Original poster
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Feb 18, 2012
SCV - So Cal
It was a nice day to light up the pit and cook up a tri-tip. I have posted the Peruvian tri-tip before but I had omitted one important thing.

The green sauce. All fired up with hickory and coastal red oak. potatoes in the basement.

2023_04_29_tritip_001.jpg

And all plated up.

2023_04_29_tritip_002.jpg

Oh wait.... The green sauce.

2023_04_29_tritip_003.jpg

Green sauce:
1/2 cup Mayonnaise
1/4 cup Sour Cream
1 tablespoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
Juice from 1 lime
1 large hand full of cilantro

Blend it up

Delicious looking cook aside from the cilantro ......... I'm one of those people who taste soap when they eat it. I'd take a big plate minus the sauce though.

And if you want to catch them little bastages trying to make off with your food, you have to set the trap lol.

Delicious looking cook aside from the cilantro ......... I'm one of those people who taste soap when they eat it. I'd take a big plate minus the sauce though.

And if you want to catch them little bastages trying to make off with your food, you have to set the trap lol.

The good thing is you can add the green sauce or leave it off.

Haha I noticed the trap sitting there after I was cooking. Notice it's not in the other pics.

Reactions: JLeonard and DougE
I'm with Doug. Everything looks good, but I'll pass on the green sauce. Definitely not a big fan of cilantro.

Haha I noticed the trap sitting there after I was cooking.
About that Tomcat trap, I've got rats under my woodpile and they have been driving my dogs crazy. I have 2 of those set behind it and have killed 2 rats each of the last 2 nights, those traps are the real deal. Don't know how many more are under there, but we'll see...:emoji_wink:

I'm with Doug. Everything looks good, but I'll pass on the green sauce. Definitely not a big fan of cilantro.

About that Tomcat trap, I've got rats under my woodpile and they have been driving my dogs crazy. I have 2 of those set behind it and have killed 2 rats each of the last 2 nights, those traps are the real deal. Don't know how many more are under there, but we'll see...:emoji_wink:
There is now a better trap that is a snap trap with a tunnel around it. It works much better. I have hills around my housing tract that bring in lots of rodents. I caught 6 this month.

Kat Sense Covered Rat & Chipmunk Traps, Prevents Accidental Triggering with Tunneled Design, Quick Humane Kill, Indoor 'N Outdoor Mouse Snap Traps https://www.amazon.com/dp/B081LG4T1W?ref_=cm_sw_r_apann_dp_2TJ52BE3MSQYH0DWJMNR

Reactions: Gonna Smoke
Oh yea that looks like some good grub! I’ll take a plate with sauce! I’ve said it many times before but just love your grill!

Reactions: Chris_in_SoCal
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky