Just a Quick Salmon Dinner in the Pellet Smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

disco

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Oct 31, 2012
Canadian Rockies
We do look for wild salmon in the supermarket as She Who Must Be Obeyed likes it. We get some decent fish but there was some that were bright red sockeye, well trimmed and reasonably thick fillets. The price made me stop breathing for awhile but the missus is worth it.

I got it home and cooked it right away. I didn't have a lot of time so I went easy.

I sprinkled the fillet with Louisiana Grills Mesquite Rub 'n Grill, just a bit to give it some saltiness.

I put it in the pellet smoker at 210 F over Competition Blend pellets.

I smoked for 40 minutes and then brushed the surface with Italian salad dressing.

I smoked for 20 more minutes to an internal temperature of 135 F.

I let it sit for a couple of minutes.

I served it with fresh bread, green salad and a zucchini tomato stir fry.

The Verdict

This was incredibly easy and good. The salmon had a nice texture without being dried out. The Italian dressing and rub gave it some salty, sour, herb notes. Best of all, She Who Must Be Obeyed really liked it. My work is done.

Disco

Reactions: Rafter H BBQ
Looks like a tasty meal Disco, I'll have to try the Italian dressing ! Sounds great ! :drool

Looks good for fish! Glad the price didn't totally take your breath away!

Looks like a tasty meal Disco, I'll have to try the Italian dressing ! Sounds great !
drool.gif
It is embaressingly easy, Justin, but it does taste good.

Looks delicious Disco!!

Al
Thanks, Al!
Looks good for fish! Glad the price didn't totally take your breath away!
No, that would be the missus when I make too much of a mess doing prep work.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky