Just a geezer in NE PA

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

LhornR

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Jan 26, 2023
NE, PA
Hello..my name is Larry and I haven't had a drink in....oops sorry wrong forum....Hello..my name is Larry from NE PA and I am addicted to smoked goods. I bought a Smoke Vault 24" last summer...and I have a Weber Spirit E-310 grill.

I got the smoker mainly for smoking peppers that I grow and use in my chili. I use a lot of smoked paprika and it cost a fortune in the store so I decided to make my own. I also use a lot of Poblano and Anaheim peppers as well.

Last summer my son was up from MD and we pulled an all nighter smoking a 17lb brisket and a 7lb & 9lb butt that turned out fantastic. I've also done some ribs and meatloaves since then too. Jerky is on my todo list as soon as I mod my smoker.

I've been lurking around here for quite a while now and I have a project started that I need to pick some brains on. Basically I'm adding a propane tank firebox to the Smoke Vault. I see that some have done so here as well. But more on that when I get the energy to start a thread on it.

Just a heads up...I'm disabled and it takes me time to get around to do things...so if I dont respond right away I'm not ignoring anyone..I will eventually get back to ya. Just cant sit at a computer too long at a time so I'm in and out. Thanks for adding me to your smokey addiction!

Larry

P.S....One question...is there a wait period for posting pics here? Be easier to explain things with pics as I have things drawn up on AutoCad.

Hi Larry, and welcome from Iowa!
You can post, and post pics... but your first 10 have to be approved by a moderator or admin. Just to be sure new members are here for the right reasons and not flood the forum with a bunch of spam.

Ryan

Welcome aboard from Maryland. We have what is known as a gathering a couple places in Pa check out the post when they appear, one is near Port Matilda and one in
Humbles town.

Warren

Reactions: LhornR
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone.

Brokenhandle Brokenhandle ... understood on the posting pics...and appreciated.

HalfSmoked HalfSmoked ... interesting...I was born and raised in the area I'm in now but I lived in the northern MD suburbs of DC for 40 years up until 2018 when I moved back to PA.

I know everyone likes pics so here ya go....the ribs were the first on the smoker after I got it seasoned. Then I did some meatloaf which I got carried away with the amount of meat...but hey what are freezers for. I didnt get one pic of the brisket and pork butts unfortunately as I was so exhausted from pulling an all nighter. I havent done that since my 30's....30 years ago!

1675261989625.jpeg

1675262018377.jpeg

Thanks jcam222 jcam222 ...glad to be here.

wimpy69 wimpy69 ... Appreciate the welcome. Yeah Balls Mills is about 8 miles from me. I actually have to head up that way for my build to a Surplus City near there to see what I can scrounge up.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky