Jerky W/QVIEW

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
 Great job Blue on that jerky! Last time I tried making jerky I about cut my finger off... Couldn't wait for the meat to thaw a little. Plus don't try cutting frozen meat while your half lit. LOL! I'll have to give it another shot (sober this time)... Take Care, Smokin - K

Great job Blue on that jerky! Last time I tried making jerky I about cut my finger off... Couldn't wait for the meat to thaw a little. Plus don't try cutting frozen meat while your half lit. LOL! I'll have to give it another shot (sober this time)... Take Care, Smokin - K
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH< Thanks!  I always get mu butcher to slice up a couple of top round roasts for me then no chance of taking off a finger.  Then I can enjoy as many beers as I like!

I could have sworn that i messaged you my address ........LOL

Looks-Great.gif

drool.gif

I been checking my mail box daily. Guess the mail lady got hungry.

Nice jerky BBf

I was volunteered to make jerky for 80 soldiers in Afganistan by Christmas This is going to be an honororable smoke to say the least. I use what is called Rouladen cut of beef, about 1/4"thick and I cut it into strips. I told them to get 40 lbs of beef, thinking with shrinkage i would lose 25% Am I right on my thinking?????

i generally use around 55-60% of my meat weight when i do mine. i smoke for a couple hours for flavor then into the dehydrator for about 7 hours. when you suck out all that moisture you lose alot of weight.

I was volunteered to make jerky for 80 soldiers in Afganistan by Christmas This is going to be an honororable smoke to say the least. I use what is called Rouladen cut of beef, about 1/4"thick and I cut it into strips. I told them to get 40 lbs of beef, thinking with shrinkage i would lose 25% Am I right on my thinking?????
My last three batches I lost between 42 and 44%

Do you still put jerky seasoning on the meat when you make jerky via a smoker? Or is it just personal preference?

I marinate overnight then get pretty dried off and season with smoked pepper or crushed red pepper. I like my jerky sweet & spicy..

5cloves garlic crushed

2 TBL granulated onion

1 TBL crushed red pepper

1 TBL cracked black pepper

2/3 cup brown sugar

2/3 cup soy sauce

1/2 cup teriyaki sauce

1/4 cup worcestershire

1/4 cup pineapple juice concentrate

1/3 cup balsamic vinegar

1 TBL liquid smoke or to taste

! use this for about 10-15# top round or london broil

This is my secret recipe, don't tell anyone..:)

great job, i love the hanging method. the first few times i made jerkey i had always layed in on the racks. the fat that did render stayed on top and kind of pooled making the jerkey feel and taste greasy. i started to do the hanging method and had much better results.

looks great!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky