Jerky gun

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Kansas170

Original poster
Dec 21, 2018
I got tired of using a hand jerky gun so I made this one out of a Dewalt caulking gun. All I had to do was change the tip which I got from my other jerky gun. It fit right on. I make a lot of venison jerky out of the burger. I have an MES 40" smoker I set at 145 degrees and it takes 7 hours to do a batch. I have an external smoke unit attached to the smoker because the MES will not heat the chips up inside enough at 145 degrees to light them. I use Nesco Jerky seasoning mix. They have great flavors and comes with the cure also. They make it real easy one pack of seasoning and one pack of cure per pound of burger. IMG_0332.JPG

Nice first post. I just purchased a Jerky cannon from LEMs. So I'll be going the manual route when I start doing sausage and jerky post Christmas. If I like results then this will be something worth looking into.

Point for sure.
Chrsi

I made one out of my favorite calking gun, but not electric.
Then decided I liked whole muscle Jerky better, so I parked the modified calking gun.

You do know that is cheating, don't you?

Reactions: Kansas170
Now that is slick! Reminds me of a weedeater motor powered blender I once saw. Nothing like a 2 stroke adult beverage.

Dentures and whole meat jerky dont get along,I’m a ground jery man my self so that’s pretty slick

I just made ground venison/bacon jerky with my gun yesterday for the first time. I wasn't counting on us liking it, but we sure do! Kudos on the creativity! I'm going to show my husband. After several pounds, it makes ones hand/arm a bit tired.

How much ground meat will fit per run? Is there anyway to stuff bigger salami casings? How big tip you reakon you could put on there?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky