Jerk Pork Tenderloin

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BrianGSDTexoma

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Aug 1, 2018
North Texas, Texoma
Been kind of a tough week with selling the boat and Gretchen on her down hill slide in life. Stayed around house today and did some drinking and grilling. Put walkers jamaican jerk on the pork this morning. Normally would of started last night but giving some away at river today and did not want to spicy. Used my barrel grill again. Made some buttermilk salad dressing and cauliflower mash side.

IMG_20230610_163600604.jpg IMG_20230610_163924739.jpg

IMG_20230610_164915002_HDR.jpg IMG_20230610_165118619_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
Looks great Brian, I like Walkers also when in a hurry and not making my own

Like mentioned before, sorry about selling your boat, But also about Gretchen's condition, stay strong brother. :emoji_disappointed:

David

Brian, I hate to hear about Gretchen and am thinking about you and what it all means. We love our dogs tremendously and know the feelings all too well.

I hate that you sold your boat, but you did what you thought was best. Time on the water is a big part of figuring out the fish and consistently catching them and that's why I recommend hiring a guide to get started. But in many situations, it's cheaper and less frustrating to hire a guide a few times a year than it is to own a boat. Wishing you tight lines and a bent rod, my friend...:emoji_fishing_pole_and_fish:

Brian, I hate to hear about Gretchen and am thinking about you and what it all means. We love our dogs tremendously and know the feelings all too well.

I hate that you sold your boat, but you did what you thought was best. Time on the water is a big part of figuring out the fish and consistently catching them and that's why I recommend hiring a guide to get started. But in many situations, it's cheaper and less frustrating to hire a guide a few times a year than it is to own a boat. Wishing you tight lines and a bent rod, my friend...:emoji_fishing_pole_and_fish:
I still hoping that the cold laser therapy will help but her time is coming. A big factor in selling was also the price of used trucks. Just could not pay $45,000 for a used truck that sold for the same amount few years ago. Could not find anything cheaper that didn't have over 200,000 miles. Crazy you can't buy a decent truck for $25,000 anymore. I have not been on a vacation in over 20 years. Need to use some of the money to do that once I not tied down.

Last edited:
Looks great Brian! I love Walkerwoods and Grace both. Now I’ve got the munchies for some jerk flavors.

A big factor in selling was also the price of used trucks. Just could not pay $45,000 for a used truck that sold for the same amount few years ago.
I'm with you there. I've been looking for a decent used truck, too. I have a car that I drove to work and now it doesn't get used much. I'd like to sell it and get another truck to haul off trash, pick up things from Lowe's, and other stuff that I can't carry in the car. That way I could leave my other truck hooked up to the boat all the time, but I'm not spending stupid money on a used truck. One thing I did notice yesterday when I drove by a local Ford dealer was that they had a lot full of new trucks when before, their lot was almost empty. Maybe the market is cooling down some, we'll see...

I'm with you there. I've been looking for a decent used truck, too. I have a car that I drove to work and now it doesn't get used much. I'd like to sell it and get another truck to haul off trash, pick up things from Lowe's, and other stuff that I can't carry in the car. That way I could leave my other truck hooked up to the boat all the time, but I'm not spending stupid money on a used truck. One thing I did notice yesterday when I drove by a local Ford dealer was that they had a lot full of new trucks when before, their lot was almost empty. Maybe the market is cooling down some, we'll see...
No doubt inventories are on the rise.

Another fan of walkers too.

I like to make a marinade with Tamari, lime, ginger, garlic and walkers. It is good on everything. And the Walkers Wood Hot, when the first ingredient is habanero ;) they mean hot

Reactions: jcam222
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky