Jerk Chicken

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

acd4476

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Sep 9, 2010
Metro Detroit, MI
Got my jerk chicken ready to go on tomorrow around 10am. Marinating now in a homemade sauce. I have a pellet grill that I'll use some special pellets I bought made from real pimento wood. In the past I've used chips with my MES so hopefully these pellets works as well.

Attachments

• 20200222_183016.jpg
    20200222_183016.jpg
    124.9 KB · Views: 33
Looking good will be watching for the cook results and the recipe if you like it

Huge jerk fan here. I usually use Walkers Woods or Grace , I’m going to try to make my own wet rub this summer. Love it on pork and chicken. Hard to get it quite as good as Scotchies in Montego Bay.

Yumm and good luck!

I've made a couple batches of jerk chicken thighs using Walkerswood seasoning and pimento wood pellets in a tube on the kettle. Good, but not up to quality to be posting here.
Once summer arrives, I'm going to try it with hard wood instead of charcoal. I feel charcoal masked the flavor of the pimento wood.

Reactions: JodiMinneapolis
Running behind today. Just got it on. Have the beer can chicken on for the kids who wont eat the good stuff

Attachments

• 20200223_131256.jpg
    20200223_131256.jpg
    139.6 KB · Views: 27
Got my jerk chicken ready to go on tomorrow around 10am. Marinating now in a homemade sauce. I have a pellet grill that I'll use some special pellets I bought made from real pimento wood. In the past I've used chips with my MES so hopefully these pellets works as well.
How did it turn out?

Huge jerk fan here. I usually use Walkers Woods or Grace , I’m going to try to make my own wet rub this summer. Love it on pork and chicken. Hard to get it quite as good as Scotchies in Montego Bay.
Look at recipe at pimentowood.com it’s based off Scotchies. If you can’t find fresh scotch bonnet peppers Amazon has powdered - but scotch bonnet peppers are critical to the recipe.

Reactions: jcam222
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky