Jeff's Texas Rub - Pork Loin Chop

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

EvenFlow87k

Smoke Blower
Original poster
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jul 27, 2021
My daughter mixed up a batch of Jeff's Texas Rub while I was at work. I already had some Chops from a pork loin thawed out so I decided to try it first there.

I went with the old faithful weber kettle and a dash of Cherry wood for some additional flavor. I offset grilled them the whole time, mostly due to running around trying to buckle down for this storm were may be getting tonight.

Verdict. The rub has great flavors and is probably better suited for beef, but I really like the black pepper and cayenne. And as a bonus no sauce was asked for at the table. A success!
20210728_180622.jpg
20210728_185218.jpg

Looks great! To those who have not tried that rub: DO IT. Totally changed my game for the better. Eventually I settled on creating my own but I owe Jeff credit for pointing me in the right direction. Another killer rub for pork and I love the loin is Canadian/Montreal steak seasoning.

Reactions: EvenFlow87k
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky