Jeff's Smoked Meatloaf

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Braz

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jun 25, 2017
Indiana
Picked up a few pounds of ground chuck on sale last week and yesterday decided to turn it into meatloaf. We followed (more or less) Jeff's recipe (found here: https://www.smoking-meat.com/october-6-2016-smoked-meatloaf-comfort-food ).

Set the MES to 140F on the PID controller and put the AMAZEN tray in the new mailbox mod with Todd's Pitmaster's Choice pellets.

_DSC0091.JPG

After four hours the I/T was around 135F. Time was running short so we moved the loaves to the oven set at 350F to finish. Added a glaze near the end.

_DSC0092.JPG

Money shot.

_DSC0094.JPG

This is a really good recipe. SWMBO has even converted from her go-to version of 40 or more years. It was only the second smoke with the mailbox and I couldn't be happier with the way it works. Looking forward to meatloaf sammies this evening and having a bunch of portions in the freezer for easy and yummy meals in the future.

Looks awesome. It’s hard to go back to regular meatloaf once you start smoking them.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky