• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

jeff's rub and sauce recipes

richoso1

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jun 21, 2007
A very good rub. Has enough heat to hold up to Q temps, deep fry temps, and oven temps. Like any rub you put together, you must mix it very well in order to taste all the ingredients. I have used it like any other rub, I have Q'd with it, used in in soups, mayo mix, avocado mix, nachos, and everyway that I use to test a rub. Because of the good balance, it's an excellent jumping point if you want to expand on the tase and or heat. I reccomend it to all.

northern greenhorn

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Mar 11, 2010
I bought both recipes, I've only made the rub so far and it rocks, I will be making the sauce soon. I've only smoked 3 things so far, I'm a newbie, I did some bbs, a fatty, and today, I smoked a turkey breast, I used Jeffs rub for this, I just added some stuff, to suit my taste for turkey.

spg1

Fire Starter
Joined Feb 2, 2010
You two just had to dig up this old thread didn't you!

So I had to order it, and as soon as I was done the wife walks in and says I am stinking crazy to pay for a recipe.

So now I am going to have to try it out and prove her wrong!

koy boy

Joined Mar 22, 2010
uuggghh....... I hate you all I. Now I have to buy the dang recipe and find out what all the hubbbuh is about. oh well here I go....... paid :)

northern greenhorn

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Mar 11, 2010
aahhh, mesquite, the rub, and the sauce... Jeff should make a cologne that smells like that.

john442

Joined Mar 17, 2011
Darn you all!

I have been in this forum for less than 6 hrs and I am already convinced that i need to order these recipes.

I know what I'll be doing this sunday, while I wait for all the snow to melt.............Makin rub and sauce!

Cant wait to try it.

John442

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
It's good John. You won't be disappointed.

flash

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
Joined Mar 30, 2007
Very good, but like anything you can tweak it a little to your own taste. I've added some heat to both of them.

Joined Jul 3, 2011
Just ordered Jeff's recipes on 9/9/11.  Are they sent via snail mail or email?  Can't wait to give them a try.

Thanks,

E.J.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.