jeffs recipes

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bearpaw54

Original poster
Oct 6, 2013
hi, can anyone tell me if jeffs rub and sauce recipes he sells on this site are in his book? i cant make 2 purchases right now and wld like his book, but also those recipes....thanks for replying.

Thank you fir letting me know. Thats just my luck! have u tried hisbook and the rub and sauce?

I have not yet purchased the book (Christmas is coming). I have purchased the Rub and sauce recipe and can say the Rub is one of the family favorites now. I have not tried the sauce as I prefer the dry rub but I make make the sauce next week as I have some time off just to try it.

I only use his rub now due to the lower sodium content compared to other brand names.  I have put so much on my ribs before on accident and still was not salty.  My spiral cut ham I recently smoked, again got heavy handed with the rub and the ham was nnot salty either and of course great flavors from the rub.

Bearpaw........the rub and sauce recipes are NOT in his book. I am a lucky duck in that I have the book and the recipes and use them all.......great stuff..

Brad

if you can only get one, get the recipes for rub/sauce. we really enjoy the rubs here. haven't done the sauce, but it will be done soon. 

I've seen reference several times that the $$ from sauce goes to pay for SMF. I'm sure the book is a great read, but plenty to read here, just decide what you want to read about. if there's not a section specifically for it, search, i'm sure its on here.

Thank you so much for letting me know...Guess I'll be purchasing the sauce/rub recipes in the next day or two then! Maybe the book another time....We're just really getting into smoking and trying out diff. tips we get from this site. Doing a turkey for thanksgiving on our Masterbuilt electric this weekend.Hopefully all goes well! Thanks again and Happy Thanksgiving!

You're right, i can get all the tips and recipes i need from this site I guess, so will purchase the two recipes in the next day or two! Thank you so much for replying and Happy thanksgiving!

I purchased the rub and sauce also. It is the only rub i use now. I have used it on chicken,ribs,pork butts,brisket and turkey. Great rub. My wife even used it when she made a roast in the slow cooker.

I purchased the rub and sauce also. It is the only rub i use now. I have used it on chicken,ribs,pork butts,brisket and turkey. Great rub. My wife even used it when she made a roast in the slow cooker.
My wife does the same thing and surprised me with it.  I asked what is different about this roast and I was shocked she used the rub for it, loved it.

Like others I too have only used the rub so far, have yet to make the sauce but I plan on doing so.

Last smoke I did was a boston butt - my first - for pulled pork. Loaded it with the rub the night before, and man oh man was it good - especially that bark - addictive.

My wife went nuts over the rub the first time I used it, she insists on it each time now - and I agree.

I used the rub tonight on a nice venison roast and it was fantastic. Sorry no pics tonight as it was 22° and snowing.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky