Jeff from central Pennsylvania

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jah62370

Original poster
Sep 21, 2012
Harrisburg, PA
Hello all,
My name is Jeff and I joined this forum because I'm in the middle of building a UDS and thought that I may be able to find answers if any questions came up. I hope to have some pics to show the progress of my build in the near future.

Welcome to the SMF Family...What part of Central PA you located in? There are lots of PA guys and plenty of knowledgable people to help you out around here. If you do a Search on UDS Builds you will find tons of info and designs...JJ

Hi Jeff! 
welcome1.gif
to SMF!!! We're happy you found us! You've come to the right place, we have over 40,000 members and over 800,000 posts so you should be able to find almost anything you want to know. Remember the search bar at the top can be your best friend for finding answers fast!

Would you do us a favor and update your profile to include your location, Thanks!

You might want to check out Jeff's Free 5 day E-course it will teach you all the basics and a whole lot more!

https://www.bigpoppasmokers.com/

Awsome source for a kit, also be sure to go to YouTube... And watch there tutorial video on how to assemble a uds, even if you don't buy a kit, you will get all the info u need, and can get most of the stuff at Lowes or home depot or local hardware store....

My only advise is : don't u's cheep charcoal! If you can find natural briquettes or lump all the better! I tried a Johnny no name" brand using minon method. And it smelled like a oil refinery!

Oh, welcome central pa!! Lol

Hello Jeff and 
welcome1.gif
 to SMF - glad to have you here 

Thanks for all of the welcome messages. I am from the Harrisburg ,Pa area and still have not uploaded my build photos yet but I'm working on it.

Finally posted some pics of my UDS build. Please view and read my comments and add any info or suggestions you may have. I'm open to any help I can get. Thx in advance.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky