Jalapenos to start the day

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

arnie

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Feb 20, 2010
West Liberty, Iowa
While I’m lounging around the house with nothing to do I thought I’d give the smoker a workout.

The Misses was kind enough to pull the smoker out for me since I have a 5 pound weight restriction.

I’m starting out with some ripe jalapeños with a handful of habaneras thrown in for good luck.

11b38406_Jalapenos.jpg

Later on I’ll do some short ribs and hot wings.  

Probably mix them with a few smoked tomatoes and cream cheese and spread it on some fresh white bread  

Probably mix them with a few smoked tomatoes and cream cheese and spread it on some fresh white bread  
What a great way to enjoy some fresh smoked chiles. You may be from Iowa, but yo've got SW taste buds.You're my kind of foodie. It's all good my friend.

Last edited:
Boy does that sound good. I'd like to start my day with peppers and use them as a night cap. I like me some peppers. Nice post.

icon_cool.gif

Yes indeedy I would like to have some good ole homegrown peppers to smoke. I should have some soon with the seeds that I got from Richo. Now I can't wait to see the slasa and the kicked up ketchup, man is that gonna be good or what. Q-view please.

sounds good.  how long do you smoke them for and at what temp?  thanks for the help.  i am new at smoking.

icon_cool.gif

Yes indeedy I would like to have some good ole homegrown peppers to smoke. I should have some soon with the seeds that I got from Richo. Now I can't wait to see the slasa and the kicked up ketchup, man is that gonna be good or what. Q-view please.
They are good in salsa and really help the ketchup. Sorry I was in a hurry , I  baggied them and put them in the freezer without a picture

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky