Jalapeno & Cheddar Snack Stix (goose/pork)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Keith, you're a hunter... buddy of ours stopped by tonight with his new weimaraner... dang cute!

20230128_185506.jpg

Ryan

NIce job on those sticks Inda. 60 and 70* weather is still a few months out for us.

Point(s) for sure
Chris

Dang nice looking sticks Keith… Wow… need my address for quality control purposes?!? 😂

We just had 8-9 inches of new snow on top of what we already had… now there is a cold front coming with winds up to 50 mph they are saying… Temps could go down to -45 or lower!

NIce job on those sticks Inda. 60 and 70* weather is still a few months out for us.

Point(s) for sure
Chris
Thanks gmc!

Dang nice looking sticks Keith… Wow… need my address for quality control purposes?!? 😂

We just had 8-9 inches of new snow on top of what we already had… now there is a cold front coming with winds up to 50 mph they are saying… Temps could go down to -45 or lower!
Thanks RHB! That's some COLD weather comin!!!!

Looks good . I'd like to see them after drying a couple days .
Just saw you said that above .

Looks good . I'd like to see them after drying a couple days .
Just saw you said that above .
Yep. I do all my sticks this way for a shelf stable product. Fermented with F-RM-52 starter for 56 hours @77*F and that dropped the pH down to 4.7ish...
They are in the fridge wrapped in paper now. Will pull them tonight to hang in spare room once it cools down.

Sticks are done. Dried them out of the fridge for one night, then it got too warm so back in the fridge for 48 hours. Then a front rolled through and it cooled off. Hung them back in the room with an open window and a fan, dried to 40% 48 hours later.
IMG_20230202_201526.jpg

IMG_20230202_201543.jpg

Packaged, Boxed up ready for my buddy in Kansas....J&C= Jalapeno and Cheddar....
IMG_20230202_220456.jpg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky