Jack Daniels barrel smoker?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

casperitis

Fire Starter
Original poster
Dec 17, 2013
Last weekend I picked up a Jack Daniels barrel and I am planning to build an electric smoker out of it to give away as a door prize at my upcoming Bachelor party. Anyone have any ideas or suggestions that may have tried this before?

Okay will do! I got it for 225 off Craigslist but that's here in Upstate New York...I should try the local wineries though as we have lots of those...

Nice barrel.... I heard one of the problems with using a wood barrel is... expansion and contraction.. heating up and then cooling... the slats (dunno the proper name) start to contract after heating and then creates gaps between them... now you have air leaks...

BUT.. they say you can soak the barrel when it contracts and it will swell (expand) back up.... just a few thoughts...

BTW... If you haven't noticed.. i support the Distillery and the product... (responsibly) .....

Last edited:
Thank you guys for the interest...I actually picked up the barrels off Craigslist from a guy in PA, going to work on it some more tomorrow night and hopefully get close to completing it as my stag is just over a month away. Would like to get a test run in on it before raffling it off! JckDaniels07 your support is both noble and courageous...keep up the good fight, CHEERS!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky