It's summertime, and I've not smoked for 6 weeks

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

coyote-1

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Sep 14, 2008
June was so rainy here that I only smoked twice that month. Since then, the weekends have been so awesome that we're on the beach! No time home to smoke.

Darn good thing I smoke lots when I do it. But the last rack of ribs and the last half-chicken will be consumed this week, so I really have to make time soon for a big smoke to re-fill the freezer.

When I don't get to BBQ for a while, I get all itchy...
icon_smile.gif

The longest I can go is about a couple of weeks, after that it is not negotiable.

I know how you feel. I've been working on a lot of home remodeling projects lately and of course that eats up most of my weekends. And of course I've had help from friends. So pretty soon I'm going to have to get the smoke rolling again and start making some "payback" food for everyone.

Don't feel bad Coyote, this summer has been a bust for me too. I am stuck in a wheelchair on oxygen so my wife does the legwork and this summer just as soon as the weather straightened up she had to have foot surgery. Two more weeks and then watch out, she will be able to start getting around more and we are going to live on BBQ...
icon_mrgreen.gif

It's never too late, and summer is still on. May the smoke be with you.

This may be the weekend. The hurricane sitting out in the Atlantic may make beaching impractical... and if that becomes true I may do a butt, a couple chickens and some ribs.

We'll see.

Around here this summer it has been dryer in most peoples showers than it has outside...LOL

You always make time for a good smoke. Here lately I think thats all I do on weekends now is smoke. I'm about to post this past weekends smoke so look for it. But work still has to be done.

Yep, they closed our beach due to the swells & ripcurrents. This morning, the entire beach was under water.

Therefore, the spares and brisket are on!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky