It's getting bad - Charcoal Lump Pellet hoarders.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
One of our local restaurants made an offer on their Face Book page...
They would get a truckload of TP to the parking lot and it would sell until gone.
This was commercial grade.

We are set so did not take up the offer.
We are in a small town of around 45,000 (surrounding area).

Reactions: chopsaw
1973 revisited?
Local Sams had good stock of TP and PT on Saturday.
Sign said 1 item limit.
Amazing the number of people tried to ignore the rule.
The checkouts only allowed 1 item so the hoarders got caught and stopped.

Wife has cut my hair since we got married. I am not offering to cut her hair.

Big panic yesterday. I had to recover 3 bags of charcoal. Got a dump of snow on Thursday. it started melting Saturday and more on Sunday. Residue in the snowblower melted down and it puddled on the charcoal. Luckily, I had 2 empty bags to repackage the 2 worst.
Traveled to a distant Walmart today to get supposed 1/4" elastic for my wife. She's making custom face masks for co-workers at the hospital.
No elastic, but got a twin pack of Royal Oak for $8.88

That's pretty sad. Why am I not surprised though. This may be an anemic gesture on my part but I have a pretty good sized tub of oak lump charcoal that I see no need for now that I have the Rec Tec. I'll happily put it in a box and send it your way if you want. I also have a pot load of pellets if you need some of those also. Don't know if you use them or were just making a reference to things that are gone. Just send a PM with your address and I'll get whatever you need/want off in the mail.

Robert
Very nice gesture. What a great group. Keep everyone rolling smoke.

That's pretty sad. Why am I not surprised though. This may be an anemic gesture on my part but I have a pretty good sized tub of oak lump charcoal that I see no need for now that I have the Rec Tec. I'll happily put it in a box and send it your way if you want. I also have a pot load of pellets if you need some of those also. Don't know if you use them or were just making a reference to things that are gone. Just send a PM with your address and I'll get whatever you need/want off in the mail.

Robert
And now we get back to the original thoughts of charcoal. Sorry I think I aided in derailing it. My apologizes to the OP.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky