It's getting bad - Charcoal Lump Pellet hoarders.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Well, I'm about to find out. I figure hair cutting tools will be the next item people start hoarding so I ordered mine from Amazon. My hair should be easy enough to cut so I'm not overly concerned about it. The same sweet little Asian lady has been cutting my hair and Tracy's for almost 15 years now. Last time I went in I mentioned that I should be getting half-price hair cuts. When she asked why I told her because I only have half as much hair as I did when she started cutting it. She didn't buy it unfortunately.

I keep telling Tracy that it's not a bald spot. It's a solar panel for a sex machine. She didn't buy it either.

Not doing too well with the ladies,
Robert

You're right Robert!!
I just found a trimmer I liked, Read all about it, read some reviews, and went to order it---->>Out of Stock.
So I had to find another one. This one says "In Stock April 20th".
Ordered that one. Delivery Date April 25, 2020.
Don't need a haircut that bad just yet.

Bear

I purchased this Wahl clipper about 3 years ago, after using a cheap Wahl for 25 years.... It's awesome.... doesn't pull out hair... clips close... A much better clipper than their run-of-the-mill clipper they sell.... Back then, it was ... WOW !! back then it was $78....

Wahl Hair Clipper

I purchased this Wahl clipper about 3 years ago, after using a cheap Wahl for 25 years.... It's awesome.... doesn't pull out hair... clips close... A much better clipper than their run-of-the-mill clipper they sell.... Back then, it was ... WOW !! back then it was $78....

Wahl Hair Clipper

I saw that one on YouTube yesterday, among others.
However I wanted a cordless, so I ordered one with Lithium Ion.
I might be taking a chance @ $55, but I won't be using it much.
Something like this should never get this bad again in the USA!

Bear

Well , I found the one I thought I threw out . Did a quick hack job on the sides , feel like a new man .

Well , I found the one I thought I threw out . Did a quick hack job on the sides , feel like a new man .

This Haircut talk reminds me of Bear Jr's Newfoundland he had before he got his current Lab:
Newfy "Othello" had a beautiful thick all black coat, with a White Diamond on his Chest.
Well every late Spring they would take him to a Groomer, and get him a real short Haircut, because of the Heat & the Tics in the area.
Then for about a week, every time somebody knocked on their front door to visit them, Othello would run & hide behind the Sofa. He was so embarrassed, he felt like he was Naked.

Bear

What I REALLY need ,,,
Is a freaking hair cut .
Sorry, had to do it. . .
FB_IMG_1584706169919.jpg

That's pretty sad. Why am I not surprised though. This may be an anemic gesture on my part but I have a pretty good sized tub of oak lump charcoal that I see no need for now that I have the Rec Tec. I'll happily put it in a box and send it your way if you want. I also have a pot load of pellets if you need some of those also. Don't know if you use them or were just making a reference to things that are gone. Just send a PM with your address and I'll get whatever you need/want off in the mail.

Robert
Robert, your generosity never ceases to amaze me...... You have a big heart brother!!!

If I'm ever down your way I've got a bottle of Booker's that I'd like to sit down and drink with you.
What a great gesture.

Stay safe my friend.
Dan

Robert, your generosity never ceases to amaze me...... You have a big heart brother!!!

Thank you Dan. When I was growing up we lived pretty much out in the middle of nowhere. It was an hour drive give or take to the nearest thing resembling a grocery store. There weren't a lot of us that lived in the area but we all took care of each other. It's been a way of life for me since before even starting elementary school. With the advent of the Internet, numerous social media outlets (none of which do I use) and much more efficient methods of shipping, the world has become a much smaller place. There is not a person in SMF that I'd consider a stranger or outside of my "family circle". If you need it and I have it, it's yours. That's just what I was raised to believe in.

If I'm ever down your way I've got a bottle of Booker's that I'd like to sit down and drink with you.
What a great gesture.

Now that would be awesome!! That would give us one bottle each to drink and one in reserve if another guest were to show up. I have two bottles in the liquor cabinet :emoji_wink:

Come on down!!
Robert

• Love
Reactions: forktender
"this product is not eligible for return". Really? Would somebody actually use the TP, find out they don't like it, and try to take it back after it's been used? You have to be kidding me.
Robert

They did this to stop the hoarders from returning it when they needed $. I'm NOT joking here I seen people buying CASES of TP at Walmart, and multiple jumbo packs at sams. When this is all over some people will not need to buy TP for several years.

Back to the original post about lump.
I seemed to have been blessed. One of my best friends owns a mobile storage outfit. He rents trailers around Iowa. He had a trailer that some nitwit running a forklift decided to embrace. There were a few pallets that wound up sold to someone that was grateful that had a bag here and a bag there stabbed. I on the other hand loaded 7 large garage style tubs with 6 to 7, 5 pound broken bags each that were still mostly together but still loose packaging. Lump mesquite approximately a little over 210 pounds. This was last early summer. It's the shitz when I gotta purchase big totes with lids that I might never use again for FREE LUMP CHARCOAL, isn't it?

Man, I got a good deal on 15 bags of FOGO lump last Summer...........thought I went overboard but am glad I did that now..........now I just have to find some good meat. Anybody want to trade toilet paper for rib eyes? Just kidding. :-) It has been a crazy 3 to 4 weeks for buying most anything needed. Be glad when this thing is all over.

They did this to stop the hoarders from returning it when they needed $. I'm NOT joking here I seen people buying CASES of TP at Walmart, and multiple jumbo packs at sams. When this is all over some people will not need to buy TP for several years.

This is a Supply problem. It stems from the fact that there are two toilet paper supply lines.
Commercial and Residential.
These are two types of paper and not made at the same mills. Most paper companies are either/or with their own supply lines and contracts.
All of a short sudden all people were taking care of business at home instead of at their workplace. The shift in location of 'business' is what caused the shortage.
There will be a reverse problem when work starts up again.

Reactions: chopsaw
All of a short sudden all people were taking care of business at home instead of at their workplace. The shift in location of 'business' is what caused the shortage.
This makes total sense to me.

There will be a reverse problem when work starts up again.
I'm not necessarily sure of this one. There may be a bit of a surge but not like this has been in the residential market. Sure some of the commercial market will be lessened buy a few that have pilfered to supply the home but not to the degree that they have done at the retail market, jmho

I'm not necessarily sure of this one. There may be a bit of a surge but not like this has been in the residential market. Sure some of the commercial market will be lessened buy a few that have pilfered to supply the home but not to the degree that they have done at the retail market, jmho

I tend to agree here. Although what Will said makes sense, there is a surplus of commercial grade product sitting on shelves in warehouses which should meet the demand once things start getting back to normal. It's the inventory that was available when things shut down and there has been no need for it obviously so its just sitting there.

Robert

Reactions: Will Squared
The commercial grade is being sold at the store my son works for , by the tractor trailer load . Even the stuff that fits a commercial holder .
They have gone thru 3 50 foot trailers so far .

Reactions: Will Squared
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky