It's getting bad - Charcoal Lump Pellet hoarders.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
No tellin' how long this hoarding BS is going to last or WHERE it will pop up next...

I don't care what the news media has been saying with "We are all in this together" nonsense. When push comes to shove, most people are out for themselves. THAT is why the shelves are empty.

Unfortunately there are fewer conscientious caring people than selfish, greedy, and "me first" types!

Fortunately, this too will pass soon and hopefully things will get back to normal.

Stay safe everyone,

John

Last edited:
I don't care what the news media has been saying with "We are all in this together" nonsense. When push comes to shove, most people are out for themselves. THAT is why the shelves are empty.

Unfortunately there are fewer conscientious caring people than selfish, greedy, and "me first" types!

Fortunately, this too will pass soon and hopefully things will get back to normal.

Stay safe everyone,

John
It's human nature. When it was noticed that TP was sold out everyone needed a lot all of a sudden.
A few years ago when there was all the talk about "banning" AR15s I almost went out and bought one. I have no use for or desire for or anywhere to shoot an AR15 (I have all the guns I need), but I almost bought one. Human nature.
The Media doesn't help. They just fan the flames and get people worked up.

I'm doing a lot less smoking and grill'n these days. Thankfully, the Vortex is a heat concentrator that increases the efficiency of my Kettle. I will probably start shifting to smoker start/oven finish to stretch out my supply of charcoal.

I remember my parents talking about their food situation and rationing during WWII. We're not there yet, but...

Reactions: Will Squared
I've got options . Weber's ,, charcoal and propane . Some charcoal left , but plenty of oak and hickory fire wood if needed . Couple 20's of spare propane .
The MES 30 , never lets me down .
What I REALLY need ,,,
Is a freaking hair cut .

Dick's Sporting Goods is closed but is doing curbside pickup if you order online, I did it today and picked up some Lumberjack Pellets. I live in southern PA and from what I could tell most stores still have pellets in stock.

I've got options . Weber's ,, charcoal and propane . Some charcoal left , but plenty of oak and hickory fire wood if needed . Couple 20's of spare propane .
What I REALLY need ,,,
Is a freaking hair cut .

LOL---I was thinking about the Haircut thing the other day.
I Don't know what to do.
I'm thinking about getting a DIY clipper & give myself a Buzz Cut.
I never go anywhere, except various Drs, and when I leave the house, I always wear one of my "Vietnam Veteran" Hats.

Bear

Bearcarver Bearcarver & chopsaw chopsaw funny y'all mention that, I"m trying to talk my wife into one now. I may have to do it myself? You know I had hair down past my shoulders 30 years ago but somehow that's don't work at the age of 58 any more.

Maybe I should order some charcoal and some clippers!

I got 1 bag of Kingsford left..... Time to look for more I guess.

LOL---I was thinking about the Haircut thing the other day.
I Don't know what to do.
Maybe I should order some charcoal and some clippers!
I'm kicking myself , had one from years ago and thru it out . I've worn mine high and tight since I was 19 , so don't take much to be to long .
I'm with Bear , I wear a hat most times anyway .

Made a run to town yesterday.
The Walmart had 6 pallets of Kingsford Briquets by the front door.
Nor Cal.
Lucky I stocked on lumps and briqs just before we locked down.

I never had hair longer than my Jr High "Flat Top" or my ever since that "Part".
And when it gets thick, I can't stand that feeling. I have to get it Thinned by the Barber every time I get a Haircut, which is usually every 2 months, because I'm too cheap to get it cut more often. I gotta watch a YouTube Video & see how it's done---I never tried it.

Bear

Back when I was in university I couldn't afford to get haircuts for NROTC. I bought myself a cheap hair trimmer with a complete set of comb attachments and cut my own hair. It was good enough to pass inspection! Learning to get a straight trim in the back while holding a mirror in one hand, looking in it standing with my back to another mirror to see the back of my head, then moving the trimmer opposite to what you were seeing was a friggin' challenge, but I got it with practice by concentrating on my hand movement instead of what I was seeing..

I started cutting my own hair again when I got laid off and started my novel. I have a couple of electric beard/hair trimmers. I use a Remington vacuum trimmer ($40) with a 25mm comb attachment for the sides, back, and what little I have on top. Then I use a Hatteker beard trimmer ($45) to clean up the edges. You can pick up both on Amazon. The vacuum opening makes a clean edge trim difficult with the Remington alone.

A year or so ago I could no longer do the edge trimming in the back due to arthritis. Talked my wife thru a complete haircut and now the haircut I get is as good as what I used to pay $30 for when I was working.

The first time you do it is scary as hell because you don't want to end up looking like a kid cutting their own hair with scissors when their parents were busy. But trust me, it's pretty easy.

Ray

Reactions: Will Squared
The first time you do it is scary as hell because you don't want to end up looking like a kid cutting their own hair with scissorswhen their parents were busy. But trust me, it's pretty easy

Well, I'm about to find out. I figure hair cutting tools will be the next item people start hoarding so I ordered mine from Amazon. My hair should be easy enough to cut so I'm not overly concerned about it. The same sweet little Asian lady has been cutting my hair and Tracy's for almost 15 years now. Last time I went in I mentioned that I should be getting half-price hair cuts. When she asked why I told her because I only have half as much hair as I did when she started cutting it. She didn't buy it unfortunately.

I keep telling Tracy that it's not a bald spot. It's a solar panel for a sex machine. She didn't buy it either.

Not doing too well with the ladies,
Robert

Reactions: noboundaries
What I REALLY need ,,,
Is a freaking hair cut .
LOL! Yep in another month or so I'm going to have the Benjamin Franklin look...

We had an On-Post Barber in Dong Tam---My Base Camp in Vietnam.
However when you got a haircut there, you went to the shop with the striped pole out front, in pairs.
We'd take turns, One guy would get a Haircut & the other guy would hold his M16 on his lap, in case the Vietnamese Barber slipped up with the Razor. Looking back, it was amazing that more guys didn't get cut, because the Barbers were nervous wrecks, and shook like crazy the whole Time!!!

Bear

Reactions: noboundaries
I cannot guess the mind set of the masses.
People suddenly forced to stay at home and mostly fend (cook) for themselves has created some interesting runs on products.
Down to 1/2 a bag so thought on my next trip out I'd buy some more. Nope, not happening. No briquettes, no lump, no pellets. Nothing, all gone. Good thing I have a propane grill I guess.
Check your (expletive deleted) government. Unclean smoke producers may now be banned?

I tried cutting my own hair once years ago. Never again!!!!
Now-a-days its not a problem. I just get my hair cut at the beginning of winter and then again at the beginning of spring. And God knows, these days thinning it is absolutely NOT required. LOL
Gary

Yes Costco is doing the no return on paper products to stop the hoarders from buying it all up then returning it after the epidemic slows down...I agree with this move. Maybe a few will stop and think that they will be stuck with 10 years worth of TP.
GFS is doing the same. No returns on anything..

Back in the way back days my Wife use to cut my hair with a Flowbee...

might get back to that style.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky